Florida-North Florida
Options

venues

Im still looking the the perfect venue for my wedding. Where is a great place to hold the wedding on a budget? I am in Jacksonville

Re: venues

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Need a little bit more info to be helpful :) When is your wedding going to be? (Some venues book up a year+ in advance).  Do you want indoor/outdoor? Ceremony and reception at the same spot?
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is your budget per person?  Try Selva Marina in Atlantic Beach, its $75/person, they include the officiant and taxes and gratuity. That is also with an open bar. 
  • Options
    ddeleoddeleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of venue are you looking for?
    Country Club/Golf Course? Garden? Ballroom? Upscale private room in a restaurant? Art museum? There are many options, and you are not limited to Jacksonville, as there is St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra.. etc
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    to be honest, im not picky. it could be inside or outside. as long as a feel like i could turn it into a special place for the day, it could work. im not sure of my budget. all i know is that it will be very tight. we would like to get married in april 2011 but i don't think that will happen.
  • Options
    ddeleoddeleo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Again,

First thing is first, try to setup a budget. If you have a Final Number that you do not want to exceed, work backwards from the total.  I did some research first to see how much does photography actually cost, and how much is a DJ.  This way, my budget was more of an estimate and i was not just throwing out any numbers.  Trust me, you say "wedding" and the cost triples, that's what i have experienced and my job revolves around some event planning. 

The venue for me was the most important thing, so we splurge to have our dream venue (Hammock Beach Resort).  April 2011 is our wedding as well, and I was out on the search for the venue right at 11 months and that was first priority for me to figure out and put the deposit down.

It depends if you are getting in married in a church, in our case, we would have had to book the church first and than the venue/reception.  

Pick up The Knot Magazine and Jacksonville Magazine (Bride) I felt had some good recommendations too.  This way you will be able to narrow down some venue ideas and get a true sense of where you would like to hold your wedding.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    look into the club continental. its amazing im getting married there next weekend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards