Ohio-Northeast
Options

Limo - Not sure where to start!

Hi -

Just wondering if anyone could offer some advice/experience about hiring a limo service. I have absolutely no idea what a good price should be or what to look for.

Thanks!!Laughing

Re: Limo - Not sure where to start!

• Options
    starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know that A1 limos is a well known reputable company... that is probably who we will use.  my family has used them multiple times in the past. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there!! This is a good post!! I would like to piggyback on this because we are actually discussing just renting convertibles for a day from Enterprise or whoever was the cheapest. Everyone has told us it was a really good idea except it would mess up the girls' hair (and mine). I would also be interested to know how much they cost. Most places I've called, it was like pulling teeth to get them to tell me an exact price, I just got "oh, around $100 an hour", for example.
  • Options
    shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually from Pittsburgh, but am here because I'm looking for a limo and have found a few in Ohio that will travel to PA.  The cheapest one I've found is Affluent Travel, but I was hoping to hear what your reviews are for them. 
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not use a limo for our wedding, but I was in my brother's bridal party for his wedding and we all rode in a Shima limo coach. No idea on pricing, but it was VERY nice and the driver was great. Friends of mine have used All Occasion Limo and were very pleased. All Occasion usually has a coupon available through the Entertainment Book (Cleveland edition).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PW2010aPW2010a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not knowing where you are located makes it hard to respond.  I would want to know how many limos are in the fleet, the average age of the limo, does the company have an on-site mechanic, refund policy if the limo co. cannot complete all transportation needs on wedding day.  What is the average wait if a limo breaks down and do the have reserve vehicles if there is a break down or do they rent ever limo in the fleet?.  I  know of a bride whose limo broke down in Akron route to the reception and the had to wait 2 hours for a limo to come from  Cleveland to pick them up, needless to say relatives had to come pick up the bridal party to get them to the reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All Occasion - seem very reasonable. to transport 8-10 ppl, from north canton to akron, from 3-6pm, they quoted us $342 plus tip.

We booked with Thomas limousine. They were referred to us by our hotel. We got the same deal above but to include tip and they were going to pick up us from the reception in a Lincoln Town car= all for $380. My fiance said they were great to deal with and even sent pics of the limos.

hope this helps!
    "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Afflunt Travel! The venue actually recommended them-I think they are great!  Their vehicles are the best I've seen

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used All Occasions and they were amazing. They even went to get the guys burgers at McDonalds while they were waiting to get thier pictures taken. Now thats service!!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Found a place called Platinum Limousine in Strongsville. They are a small company, but I just booked a white stretch hummer limo for $600. AWESOME limo for dirt cheap!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brenna, thanks for posting about Platinum Limo! i've been searching for Limos for a month now trying to find a great deal for 18 passengers. I booked with Platinum today and we got the hummer. It's amazing and was such a good price! Thanks again :)
  • Options
    lpereksta08lpereksta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went and personally looked at Platinum's limo. They only have one. And it needed alot of work and decided it wasn't worth it. Yes it was cheap but we don't want a busted limo on our wedding date.

Were using First Class Limos, they service Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo , and I think Pittsburgh too. Theyre a really big company. 

We picked them because they've won tons of awards! We went to see their limos in person and they were much cleaner and in good condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards