Florida-North Florida
Options

License official before wedding date?

Please advise and Thank you!

Re: License official before wedding date?

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding date is when you get married.  So if you go to the courthouse and get married, that is your wedding date.

What you would be doing in the fall would be a vow renewal, not a wedding ceremony.  
    Are you planning on lying to your guests about already being married?
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navy is correct.  The day you say "I do" is your wedding date and the ceremony you plan on having is your vow renewal.  Your invitations should say it's a vow renewal and not a wedding ceremony so your guests know.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_license-official-before-wedding-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:841e24a1-701d-4d91-b4f4-856421e839e1Post:b66f3c12-9287-4dde-ab02-ef94bd7b6cbf">License official before wedding date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance' and I were thinking about getting married (on legal document, for the record) before our REAL wedding ceremony in the fall. Its mainly since its helpful for me to get on his health insurance asap, since I do not have any, and have medical things to take care of sooner than later... We've set the wedding date, but I am not sure if we were to go to the courthouse and then still have a ceremony for our guests at the later date? How would the fall ceremony work? Would our officiant or priest frown upon this? We consider our wedding date the ceremony date, not when we would go to the courthouse for the sake of getting the license early. Please advise and Thank you!
    Posted by Knalexis[/QUOTE]
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards