Florida-North Florida
Options

Hair and Makeup!! Jacksonville area!

Hi Ladies,

Okay I need your input about hair and make up artists in the Jacksonville area. I don't mind a bit of a drive (for the hair) and I want the make up artists and hair person on site the day of the wedding.
Here's my issue tho - I need to find a GREAT person at doing hair overall in the area. I've only had 1 person doing my hair for the past 3 years, she is amazing but lives 800 miles away. I've had some horrible experiences with my hair, I do get highlights and my old hair person did an amazing job at keeping it very natural and very close to my natural highlight colors. So... who is good in the area and reasonably priced?? I checked 1 place out that I heard good things regarding and they charged $225 for highlights and cut! Thats WAYY too much for me.

Thanks for the input/reviews!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Hair and Makeup!! Jacksonville area!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Becki Croft at Blow Out Hair Studio in Riverside is Great!!!

She did my hair on a regular basis when I lived in Jax, her color and cuts are great and she specializes in wedding hair. 

Good Luck :)
    Visit The Knot! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Minia Corominas
    facebook.com/makeupbyminia

She does hair AND makeup for a really really low cost. Check her out and tell her Samantha from the Knot sent you !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :) I'll definitely check them both out, I really appreciate the info! I'm terrified about my hair getting messed up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool !! I am the same way.
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erin at Salon San Marco, she is great.  She has been doing my hair for almost 4 years and I love her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired Darlene Smith from Mosaic Salon to do my wedding hair, and I've been going to her for all of my appointments ever since.  She's great!  www.beautybydarlene.com
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kappa - Your look beautiful! :) I'll be checking her out for sure. BTW - Who was your photographer? I can't make out her trademark.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Our photographer was Jaime Smith from Couture Wedding Studios (located in Green Cove Springs). 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    megem02megem02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a hair and make-up artist that will travel to your venue for no extra cost! She also does spray tanning! She is very reasonable in price, e-mail me if you are interested megem02@yahoo.com 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards