Florida-North Florida

club continental

I am looking for a reception site and stumbled across Club Continental in Orange Park, Fl.  Does anyone  have any information or feedback on this vendor?  Or anyone know where I can read reviews, I am new at the knot stuff.   Thanks Jen

Re: club continental

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!  This North Florida board is a little slow moving at times.. dont get discouraged if you dont get a reply right away.  I'm pretty sure there are some girls here who have had their reception there or plan to.

i was there about 4 yrs ago for a Christmas Party but I dont really have much feedback about it except that it's really pretty.

Try googling "club continental wedding" and see if you get some sites that pop up with reviews.

good luck!
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • griffin64griffin64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there was a post a little below about club continental if you scroll down you can see what some people said. i think its a decent place with a nice view. the service isn't the best. You really need a day of coordinator there as they are not very helpful. but their new addition is nice. its very choppy if you have a decent size wedding everyone will not be in the same room. nor will dancing be in the same room. There are like 3 different parts. but its a good choice and pretty cheap cost wise.
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there. The coordinator doesn't get along with eveyone but she is always quick to get back with you. I hired a Day of and she will deal with everyone which has made life WONDERFUL! The food is great and the location on the river is beautiful. Yes, there are different rooms so its not open like a ballroom.
  • ALEXM1022ALEXM1022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend was married there last year and we are actually considering it but definately get a day of coordinator. They have weddings close to one another so you need someone to be there and make sure things are done correctly and timely. The food is good and it is pretty. I hired Christina Kopecki from Christina Kreations and she has done many weddings there so she is familiar with the location.
  • baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our wedding there for next year.  We have had a good experience dealing with Carla, she has been very honest about vendors, which is very helpful.  I do have one great tip: Ask about Candice from the Winterbourne (they are owned by the same family, and are right next door) about DOC services.   She seems to be completely on top of things, is very friendly, and offers a huge discount if you wedding is at Club Continental!

Hope this helps :)
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Club Continental is a little snooty, but is gorgeous and a great all-around celebration location. We had 80 guests so we had ours at the Winterbourne, which is as pp mentioned slightly less expensive, and nearly everyone stayed at the Inn right there. It made for a great weekend--you can keep celebrating at the little dive bar on campus open to guests only and then go to their free brunch the next morning in the club.
  • edited December 2011
    How much does a DOC run and what about Candace from the Winterborn is she cheaper than someone else?
  • baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you book your wedding at Club Continental she will give you a discount, and she can be as low as $350.  She has been very helpful, and has not hesitated to answer any of my questions about vendors, even though thats not really in her DOC duty.  Ive seen that other DOC can run around $750-$1000 for one day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards