Ohio-Northeast

Budget Help

Hi Ladies,
I'm in the beginning stages of wedding planning. I've booked my ceremony/reception location (Skyland Pines), but that's about it. I'm trying to put together a tentative budget, but don't really know where to start because I have NO idea how much wedding stuff costs! Can someone help me with some ballpark figures for these things in the Canton area:

flowers - not super important to me - will have 5 attendants, minimal flowers for ceremony. Skyland has a lot of centerpieces I can use for free also - may or may not incorporate flowers.

cake - for about 150 people. I'm not opposed to having sheet cakes and a smaller layer cake.

photographer - I don't even know what a reasonable amount is.

Again, I just need a guestimated middle-of-the-road figure that I can expect to pay for these things in the Canton area. Thank you!

Re: Budget Help

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I will try to help you as much as I can. 

For our flowers, we used a local florist that our family has been going to for years. We had 8 attendants and got flowers for family members and all of our centerpieces at our reception for < $1000. We used Novak's Flower Shoppe in Maple Heights. 

We did the same thing you are thinking about cake. We had a two-tier cake which fed 30 or so people and then ordered 2 sheet cakes. We had 210 guests and about 160 pieces of cake and had a whole sheet cake left over. We paid < $300 for all our cake. We used Baroana's also based in Maple Heights. www.bakerycleveland.com

Photographer: The photographers we used offer a few different packages with a wide range of pricing. They offer an associate package as well, which is cheaper than their normal packages, but the photographers are just as talented. Check them out at www.imagenphotos.com.

Hope this helps! 

IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the biggest part of the budget is the reception.  I.E. food/venue/alcohol.  Once you figured out this price, you can easily go across the board on everything else.

We were a little on the higher end, but paid:

limo: $500
    flowers: $800
    cake: $600
    dress: $1000 (including alterations, etc)
    jewelry, shoes, bra, slip: ($300)
    hair and make-up: $150
    bridal party gifts - depends on you
    favors: $3-5/person
    ceremony fee--depends on church/location
    photographer- $3000
    Programs-
    Bubbles- $40
    Pew Bows/Runner- $50
    Card Box - $40
    Invitations- $500 (not including stamps)
    Thank Yous- $100 (not including stamps)

Much, Much More

It all adds up.  It really was all the little things that got us.  I would check out the Knot's budget site.  It might give you a better idea of what to budget.  However, I found that sites like those don't account for all the little things along the way.

my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at theknot budget tool or martha stewart weddings budget tool. I found those helpful when I first started planning. Good luck! 
  • KushieenaKushieena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Hi I am on a budget also!!  I purchased my dress from the David's Bridal $99.00 sale. I do not recommed alterations or cleaning from David's Bridal. Tates, Dutch Girl
    ,Blairs and Masteer Touch Dry Cleaners do excellent work. Bridesmaids Dresses, Tiara, and Fingerless
    Gloves http://www.amazon.com
    Abbots Bridal in North Canton has nice sales also they have off the   rack Bridesmaids Dresses Starting at $19.99 +
     Veil Used from Encore
     located on Cleveland Ave.
     Bouquet will be ordered
    http://www.thebridesbouquet.com/
     Flower Girl Dress Burlington's on Sale
     Bridesmaids Bouquets Walmart
     Invites Facebook, email, and Microsoft Brochure
    Food GFS&Sam's Club+family and friends will bring food at no charge to use
    Chef  $300.00
    Cake Walmart or my aunt will bake it
    Limo Service  A Gift to us
    Reception Hall $300.00
    My fiance' is a DJ
    Photos provided by a friend @ a low cost under $300.00
    Video we  will use our camrecorder
    I hope you find these budget suggestions helpful!

Kushinna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards