Ohio-Northeast

Willowdale lake Country Club

Any one have any reviews on this venue? There aren't any pictures on the site and I am trying to narrow down my favorite venues from out of state so I can visit them while I am home in Ohio for a short time. Thanks!

Re: Willowdale lake Country Club

• edited December 2011
    I visited there in May. I was hoping for a place to have an outdoor ceremony, but there really isn't one unless you're having a pretty small wedding (75 or less). You could do the ceremony in the reception hall though. The hall is nice, hardwood floors and a fireplace (not sure if it's functional.) There's not a ton of parking, maybe 50ish cars worth? Maybe less? The guy I talked to was nice and very chill - it was very different than visiting an event center where events are what they DO. This place wasn't like that, much more relaxed but also probably more take care of things on your own versus the venue taking care of things for you.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • RocknHisNameRocknHisName member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm thank you very much for that input!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to visit in Feb. I had the same experience with PP... I orginally looked here because of the outdoor gazebo, it was nice, but no room for guests. Our wedding could not have worked here due to the size of the venue. We are having 180. Also, FMIL said they went to a wedding here last summer and even though it was nice, it wasn't the nicest wedding she's been to. GL! What type of place are you looking for?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a rustic/country music themed wedding. We are on the hunt for anything that has a laidback feel to it; barn & lodge like. Looked into some wineries, but I would like to not go bankrupt, plus the husband demands beer LOL. We are having a smaller vow renewal-100 people give or take a few.
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception there, so I might be biased, but we loved it. Smile
    Here are some pics ... hopefully they turn out alright...

willowdale 2

willowdale

dancing

We loved the look of the place.  We wanted somewhere nice for our wedding, but we are not fancy frilly people, so this was right up our alley.  Classic.  Rustic glam.  The fireplace works - we got married in November so the fire was going which added nice ambiance.  My favorite part was that it was all inclusive - no hidden prices.  A lot of places didn't include tax or gratuity - I liked knowing up front exactly what we would be paying for everything.  This included hall rental, clean-up, parking attendents (which made the parking not a problem for guests), catering (yum), open bar, bartender, there's a coat check (unattended, but was nice for our fall wedding since guests had coats), and it's all wheelchair accessible which was important to us because our grandparents are in wheelchairs.
    Like I said, I'm biased, but we loved everything about it.  Mike was so easy to work with - he was definitely laid back about everything, but that was right up our alley.  We were in the day before to decorate and he accomodated our requests, even getting us the color of beverage cups that we wanted, no problem. 

Draw backs = only room for 115 if you want a dance floor.  I think they say it fits 150 or so, but that would be without room for a dance floor.  If you want a large reception this will be a problem. Gazebo by the lake for the ceremony if you want it, but like pp said, no real room around it for guests to sit and watch. 

If you want any more information about it, send me an email and I'd be happy to talk.  JoeyOz at Juno . com

Good luck finding a place from so far away!  It can be overwhelming, but you'll get it all done.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Conrad Botzum Farmstead? Not sure how much it is, but a friend got married here and it was beautiful.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I looked there, but basically you rent the barn... nothing else is included. Everything from tables, chairs to table cloths are rented outside of the farm. Too much planning for me from out of state. Definately was a choice until I found that out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards