Florida-North Florida

What order did you book everything in?

I'm assuming that the venues are one of the first things booked. But where did you catering, flowers, officiant, etc. fall into place during the process? And how close to your wedding did you book these things?

Re: What order did you book everything in?

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you check out the knot's checklist feature, it goes through everything step by step...that's how I've been figuring out what order to book things in! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked at that, but I know with many people it's just what falls into place when. Or some people know that music are more important to them than the flowers... 
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did venue (caterer included) first.  After that was cake (ILs neighbor, professional baker, was our cake lady and it was assumed she'd be doing our cake anyway), officiant and then photographer.  Our photographer recommended our florist and DJ.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    venue, caterer, photographer, cake, flowers, officiant, videographers, hair, makeup, band...

Our wedding is in October and we booked our venue in November 2009. And we had all our vendors locked down in February.
  • edited December 2011
    Venue, Church, Photographer, cake, florist, caterer (all were done between 12 and 9 months before our wedding). 
    We are still working on DJ, make-up, hair and transportation...the wedding is in June, so I think we are ok. 

Other than venue, I think for the most part, you just book things as you figure them out.  I am sure the timelines are useful...I didn't use them...haha! Whoops!  I just kind of did it as something struck my interest.  Good luck to you with planning! I think it has been a lot of fun to do so far:) I hope that you have fun, as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Mine:
    Venue, Reception Site (if applicable), Dresses
    (This way, it will establish the formality and colors and look of your wedding... we all know Epping Forest Yacht Club differs from Everbank Stadium)

I followed it with:
    Stationer, Florist, and Cake (In that order)
    My stationer (Things Very Special off St. Augustine Road) matched my venue and formality, and also informed me they have everything from guest books, garters, cake cutters...etc all matching my invitation and theme.  I then took a sample to my florist and cake so they could match colors or any font style.

I would say:
    1. Do the items that require availability first (venue, reception, dresses...etc)
    2. Do the items that are not as flexible (Invitaitons, stationery.. they are set colors)
    3. Do the items that are flexible (florals can coordinate with the invitations)

Our Rehearsal Dinner cake is going to have the same font as our wedding invitation!  It actually has the design of the Rehearsal Dinner invitation on the cake.  Thanks Edgewood Bakery!
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue (a year out) Photographer (10 months out) Caterer (8 months out) DJ & ceremony musicians (right after the caterer) Cake (7 months out) Hair & make up (4 months out.) Officiant (2 months out...but i wouldn't wait that long.) HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anna1010Anna1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine's been all backwards. Had my band before anything. Then got my officiant and photog. Next has been Ceremony venue and reception venue. And just figured out my florist! Still have the rest to do!
  • erininjaxerininjax member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked my venue and color choice at 11 months out. Then took months off. Waitied unti I was 7 months out to pick the caterer, cake, dress and bridesmaids dresses... This allowed me to enjoy being engaged for while.
    Then in the crunch time 4 months out finanlized my photog, florists, DJ, decor... Then 3 months out decided on invites,  guest book, hair style, makeup artist and such..

Heck I am getting married next weekend and still have stupid stuff to do.. Garter, just got my ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket.. dropped off my name plates to mom so she can write out the peoples names.. SO Much to do and so little time... lol

Wish me luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards