Florida-North Florida

Reception Venues - Help!

I'm looking for a reception venue in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area that will allow us to bring our own alcohol.  This part is non-negotiable.  The facility can either provide catering or we can bring our own caterer.  That part doesn't matter really...I feel like I'm striking out a lot so I thought I would toss it out to some other brides.  Thank you in advance!

Re: Reception Venues - Help!

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the River House in St. Augustine in June and they allow you to bring your own alcohol AND the venue is absolutely beautiful, affordable and only opened about a year ago!  Check out their pictures online or on facebook.  It's a great venue and Constance (your contact there) is very nice and very helpful. Good luck to you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my rehearsal dinner at the Winterbourne Inn and they allow you to bring in your own alcohol. Its in Orange Park. Just google it.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at the Government House in St. Augustine (right across the street from the plaza and the Casa Monica hotel).  There are hundreds of pictures of it in my married bio if you want to see.  I'd highly recommend them!  Catherine, the site manager, is wonderful to work with and they're very accommodating (you can bring in all of your own vendors, and they're very flexible with other things too).  If you have more than 60 guests though, it might be a tight squeeze.  There's an old Knottie who her reception there with over 100 guests, but they had to put tables both inside and outside in the courtyard (so they would have had to rent a tent if it rained).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • mallowcatmallowcat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi-- we were married in the courtyard of the downtown library in jacksonville and they allow outside caterers/bartenders. also our friends were married at the garden club in jacksonville and they also allow outside caterers. good luck!
  • sstephenson08sstephenson08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much guys! :)
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how much you want to spend on the venue I guess. I got married at the Cummer Museum in Riverside and we were allowed to bring in our own alcohol. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...and with the museum you can bring in any of your own vendors for anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

My vote is for Winterbourne Inn. They charge like a $5/person fee to serve it, but it includes mixers and garnishes. They will do the catering and everything there for you. It's very reasonable. We are having our ceremony and reception there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards