Ohio-Northeast

Hotels in Independence

Hey Ladies. Just looking for some recommendations on any of the hotels in Independence. The original hotel we were going to go with is a little steep in price, so I am looking for other options. Any info, good or bad, would be greatly helpful! 
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Hotels in Independence

• missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who were you going with?  Our reception is @ the Embassy Suites and is really nice, although I know they can be pricey.  We have stayed at the Holiday Inn there before and I have gone to a wedding there last year.  It is pretty nice.  I have also gone to functions at the Hilton up the Hilton (behind Denny's).  I have never stayed in their rooms but the rest of their hotel is nice. 
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    We were going to go with the Courtyard (behind the Clinic buildings) but they are too expensive. I got a bunch of cards today for the Holiday Inn, Doubletree(The one up the hill) and Skyline(was the Sheraton). So, I called Doubletree, so I guess I will go from there. Thanks! 
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you're thinking reception wise or just accomodations wise, but I have stayed at La Quinta in Independence and it is budget friendly and very nice, for rooms to stay the night (no banquet facilities)
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Embassy Suites is a nice hotel!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try to bargain with the marriott. I personally would go with the courtyard because I trust that marriott is a great hotel that will treast my guests well. I have not had great experiences with Holiday Inns in the past.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help. We are actually going with the Double Tree by Hilton, Up the hill from Bob Evans and Denny's. It's a decent amount cheaper than Courtyard with better amenities. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards