Florida-North Florida

Venues In St. Augustine

I'm trying to get an idea of some venues to visit on my next trip to St.  Aug.  I've only been there for vacation (and for my engagement) and I absolutely love it.  My fiance lived in Jacksonville for years and was in the Navy so St Aug means a lot to us but I just have no clue who I need to call or what would make a good venue.
We're wanting to do a beach wedding with the restaurant/reception area nearby.  Hopefully with some sort of outdoor seating.

Re: Venues In St. Augustine

• My first wedding was held at Serenata Beach Club and was absolutely gorgeous. I got married on the patio overlooking the dunes and ocean. Perfect because i could get married in front of the beach without being "on" the beach. A little pricey, but not when you compare it to other venues in St. Augustine. 

That's probably the only beach venue I know of but here are some others to look into...

White Room
    Llambias House
    Government House
    River House
    Lightner Museum and Gardens
    Lodge at Ponte Vedra Inn (not quite St. Aug, but its beachy)

That's all I can think of for now. 

May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also used Serenata Beach Club this past May. We got married at a catholic church (Prince of Peace where the Great Cross is located) and only had the reception there. The price was great for us (we were shell shocked by the cost of the white room which is where I wanted to have it... the information on their website isn't completely upfront...) and Cordel the coordinator is awesome and really wants you to have the wedding you want AND can afford. Serenata is technically Ponte Vedra Beach (it's RIGHT where PVB starts) but it's not far from St. Augustine. And if you're okay with getting married there it's a great venue for that too. My guests were blown away by the view and setting.
  • I don't know of many beach venues but the Lightner Museum is gorgeous. The White Room overlooks the bay but I have heard is pretty pricey. There is also a very nice room next to the A1A Aleworks restaurant that overlooks the bay and has a patio with doors leading out so guests can enjoy the breeze and the bay. This area I was told would be sectioned off from the restaurants patio. We ultimately went with the Lightner Museum. Hope this helps!
  • I am using the white room for my july 2013 wedding, and have really loved working with them! I am also using Windham Event Designs (WED) for my flowers/design, and Lauren has been great to work with as well. Good luck!
  • Look at the Garden of the Oldest House; and Luxe Rental Company has some really great wooden benches we are using, that look much more natural for an outdoor ceremony than white folding chairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards