Florida-North Florida
Options

Officiant and DJ in Destin/Santa Rosa Beach Area

Hey ladies. I am in the process of planning my wedding for June 2nd in Santa Rosa Beach. I am planning from Texas which makes the process a little difficult. The last 2 major tasks I have are to find an officiant and a DJ. Any suggestions? It seems like every DJ I have found so far does not play for very many hours or does not provide sound equipment for the ceremony on the beach. Also, a lot of the officiants I have found so far seem a little cheesy which I am not really looking for. Any help/ideas/suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Officiant and DJ in Destin/Santa Rosa Beach Area

• Options
    cbabercbaber member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Forever I Do for the JOP, flowers, sand ceremony, processional music, etc.
    I am using Brent with Beachside DJs for music.
    3 1/2 hours is pretty standard for the time for DJ . . $100 each additional hour. Plan on an additional $250 for beach sound set up . . I am buying my own microphone/amp and reselling it on Craigslist after the wedding . .
    Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For officiant call Cassandra at Beachbum weddings she is awesome & reasonably priced. 
    (850) 393-1444
    http://beachbumwedding.com/

Our Dj doesn't charge by time, they say they spend so much time planning & preparing for your wedding that it doesn't matter if they play music for 3 hours or 6 hours the day of. They also told me, they never want to have to conduct a business transaction on your wedding day by asking for more money if the party is going longer...  I thought that was pretty cool. They do have a ceremony set up for the beach. We have seen them do another wedding so we know they are good. It is a husband wife team. So you get both of them. 
    (850) 484-4911

Good luck & keep us posted about what you found out.
  • Options
    plummer0718plummer0718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for the information! Very helpful! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy to help, keep us posted on your progress! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello

I am getting married on 09/17/2011 in destin, when your finish with your mic let me know and I will buy it.
  • Options
    cbabercbaber member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @micca -- send me a PM with your contact info and I will let you contact you closer to the wedding date . . just to make sure you still want it.
  • Options
    plummer0718plummer0718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to update everyone, I have family in the area and the ended up having a friend that was a DJ so I will be using him, still haven't decided for sure on the officiant, hoping to make that descision this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards