Florida-North Florida
Options

New to the North Florida Board?

duncanpowersduncanpowers member
First Comment
edited June 2013 in Florida-North Florida
Welcome! If this is your first time on the board, please read at least the first couple of pages of posts to see if your question has already been answered, then introduce yourself in a new thread and ask away.

Location tip: North Florida is a big area including the First Coast (Jax, St Aug), north central (Gainesville), and the Panhandle (Tally, Pensacola). So, if you have questions about wedding and reception locations or vendors, please be sure to note your location--it makes a big difference!

Personal info: Please be careful posting any personal information about yourself, especially your full name and links to your personal blog; it's best to create a vague screenname. Keep in mind that while this is a small community of Knotties, this board can be found and read by anyone including your family, friends, and employer. Sounds outrageous, but it has been done before and will be again, so be careful.

Vendors: Tips on vendors and vendor reviews after your wedding are welcome and encouraged. However, if you work in a wedding-related field (photographers, caterers, planners, etc.), while you may post here as a bride, you may not mention your occupation in any threads or advertise in any other way. This is not permitted under the Knot terms of service. We are all brides or former brides here and we want to keep the playing field equal.

Bios: Everyone likes to check out others' ideas and plans. Be sure and update your Knot profile by clicking on your username, and if you want to create an even more elaborate bio, check out Google sites or Weebly. But if you use pictures from another Knottie's bio, give credit where credit is due.

TV-Free Surfing: While the Knot prefers that you leave your Knot TV up, if you're trying to surf discretely, you might not want it on. So to surf the boards with no TV, simply go to the top of the board where it says Community > Local Boards > Florida-North Florida. Right click on North Florida, choose Open in a New Tab, and that should open the board with no TV. Bookmark it for frequent use.

Problem? If you notice a vendor on the board, you're being harassed, or you're having another community-related problem, please feel free to contact @KnotPorscha.

Most importantly, have fun!

Knot Community Rules

Re: New to the North Florida Board?

• Options
    FeliciaDawn16FeliciaDawn16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI...I read this after posting on 2 threads...wanted to be honest.....I'm a photographer and I posted on 2 threads my website...
  • Options
    bblove10bblove10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Pinto Carriage Works is a vendor.  So why are they permitted to post on here?  They shouldn't be providing any sort of venue or vendor recommendations. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I read this after posting on one thread.  I am a vendor and wanted to be honest with this new connection. 
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No vendors are allowed to post on The Knot wedding forums.  Plain and simple.  It's nice that you ladies are trying to be honest but you're still in violation of the rules. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

im not a bride but my sister is

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Duncan! Sent you a PM. :-)
  • Options
    I JUST GOt ENGAGED!!! Christmas morning, I still can't believe it!

I'm a new bride and have no idea what to do....

It's definitely giong to be a smaller wedding, thinking during the day.  I want either beach (no clue where) or something outdoors.  I love lots of light!
  • Options
    Hi I'm new to the North Florida Board.  I've been engaged for several years now and my fiance and I have finally decided it's time to get planning.  We're thinking of the Destin/Santa Rosa Beach area in June or August of 2013.  We definitely want a non religious ceremony on the beach, preferrably late afternoon, or early evening.  I'm looking forward to learning from other North Florida knotties. 

Leah
  • Options
    <div>Hi! I'm in Fort Walton Beach and I'm getting married in 2013 in Destin too :)   We are having it on the Solaris... which we just found out two days ago! I am so excited.  It helps so much bc I get a wedding planner with the boat so I have a big weight lifted off my shoulders. Good luck to ya! If you need/have any advice or anything... let me know.  :)</div><div> Spalady120@yahoo.com</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_new-north-florida-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:dbf55a07-4733-4aec-9b78-43a0f11c9722Post:ae3c57b1-6bbb-442b-b8e5-cfa2f9155d9d">Re: New to the North Florida Board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi I'm new to the North Florida Board.  I've been engaged for several years now and my fiance and I have finally decided it's time to get planning.  We're thinking of the Destin/Santa Rosa Beach area in June or August of 2013.  We definitely want a non religious ceremony on the beach, preferrably late afternoon, or early evening.  I'm looking forward to learning from other North Florida knotties.  Leah
    Posted by ocean_tide[/QUOTE]
    Future Mrs. Pasquariello
  • Options
    hi, i just got engaged on 12/29/12 and have no clue what i am doing. we are looking in the st augustine/ jax area for venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards