Florida-North Florida

How's it going, ladies??

I haven't posted in awhile so I wanted to say Hi Knotties!!

What's everyone up to in terms of wedding planning these days? We are going tonight to a tasting at Mai Oui Gourmet, then we're going to decide between them and Designed Events and we'll have all our major vendors booked! :)
Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How's it going, ladies??

• doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Happy Friday.

Have fun tonight :) I am trying to get all my little details take care of. My current issue are my shoes. The ones that I love are just a little too much with my dress. I need simple ones. I ordered some and yesterday they came and my foot is too wide...

Other than that I am starting to count down the days until the honeymoon!!
  • jennsperjennsper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you have a good time :)
    We need to get our marriage license and all the little details and thats it. As the PP stated I am starting to count down the days until the honeymoon!!
    Jennifer & David 10/15/10
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you October brides are doing well...yay honeymoon countdowns!! I'm still 275 days away from the wedding so it's too early to start thinking about Belize just yet :)
  • edited December 2011
    Doing great over here!  I'm on the 7 week countdown... LOTS to do... LOTS to payoff.

And I'm contemplating not eating from now until 10.9....  (not really.. but it would be nice to wake up and be thinner... lol)
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow lots of October brides! I'm October too, but 2011! Not a lot of plans completed yet. I bought my dress in June and have gotten my veil and tiara, just need shoes! I like really sparkly shoes, but they are all about $600, and I am not paying that much for shoes that I'm only going to wear for a few hours! Still haven't booked a venue yet, the fiance is considering switching  jobs and schools which would put us in Gainesville, so I'm not sure if I want to book anyone over here until I figure out where we will be living. Other than that, plans are slowly coming along, all the little DIY details are getting started. I fell in love with crystal bouquets, so I'm making my own bouquet instead of using flowers! The mother in law hates anything DIY though, so she's not supportive at all. But honestly what do we expect from them?
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lissypooh628 7 weeks, wow! How exciting!!!

Kris092988 I'm sorry to hear the future MIL is not supportive but hopefully she'll come around once she see what you make!
  • edited December 2011
    Kris... check out Burlington Coat Factory for shoes.  I actually went through 3 pairs of shoes before I settled on a pair (and I wasn't even looking for shoes that day, but they jumped out at me).  See my siggy.  they are dyable shoes and I  had them dyed to match the BM dresses. (and they were only $28 plus $17 to get them dyed locally)

LouWho.. just wait.. that 9 months is going to blow right by.  you might think you have all the time in the world right now.. but you dont.  Dont put things off that can be done now.  Trust me on that... I'm a DIY freak right now and if I had been doing my projects all along.. I wouldnt be freaking out as bad.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think of Burlington Coat Factory, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls!  I've been MIA lately too!  Our board has been kinda quiet.  We got a check last week...the Officiant.  We went with Cheryl with A Vow Two Keep.  She is so sweet! 

October brides- how far out did you pick your cake and flowers?  Those are the only big things left of my list.  Thanks!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    146 Invited image 81 Joining the celebration image 29 Are missing out image36 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: March 15, 2011
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, long time no "see". I guess I have been MIA too. I have been travelling a lot of the past 1.5 months for work...

Lissy: 7 weeks. That is so exciting! How much more DIY projects do you need to complete?I am getting nervous about my date since I have not been doing that much wedding DIYs. On the upside, I am having my bachelorette this weekend. I managed to combine work and play on one trip :). Have you had your bachelorette yet?

Sara: I picked my cake and flowers out back in Feb/Mar. I am never a flowers kind of person. I can never tell between the different breeds to save my life. It really helped me when I bring inspirations and tell the florist to work her magic.... I hope this advice helps.

Kris: I'm sorry to hear the future MIL is not supportive... Hopefully, she will get more supportive and excited about it when you get closer to the wedding. Speaking about sparkly shoes,  I saw a post on the DIY board a while while back - The girl had patiently glued rhinestones over the satin shoes. You can try that route to get the sparkly shoes that you want... I know you can get bags of rhinestones on eBay for cheap... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards