Florida-North Florida

Vendor Reviews---LONG

Hey ladies! Well we are married :) and back from Mexico :( so its time for some reviews! I found vendor reviews to be the most helpful part of TK so I knew I had to share mine. My wedding was on a saturday but it was a brunch wedding with ceremony at 10:30am
Ceremony and Reception Venue- TPC Sawgrass- A+++
A lot of people think that getting married at TPC is ridiculously expensive. It definitely is pricey for a dinner reception but I found that they were super easy to work with and we created a menu from scratch for our brunch wedding. They were great about communicating with us from the start (which was 2 years before the wedding) and Christine is absolutely a dream to work with. You get a lot for the money that you spend there. They set everything up for us the night before the wedding and the day of the wedding we literally just had to ask and we got whatever we wanted. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. We got multiple compliments on how yummy everything was. Christine's motto is that she never says what they dont allow, you just have to ask to see if you can do anything (and for the most part, they dont say no). I loved getting married here!
Bakery- Classic Cakes- A+
We got many comments on how delicious our cake was. Carol is very easy to work with. She is very honest about what she thinks will work, but still lets you make the decision. Our cake was absolutely gorgeous. We also used Classic Cakes for the cupcakes for my shower, and they were amazing. The grooms cake didnt turn out exactly how I thought it would, but it was still very cute and tasted amazing!
Florist- Flowers by Shirley- B+
Flowers by Shirley were easy to work with leading up the wedding. Our consultation went well, although I wished at the time that she had given her opinion more and helped to guide me along. Their prices were very reasonable. However, they were late dropping off the flowers the day of the wedding, which caused my only slight freakout of the day. The flowers looked amazing(in the beginning) and the centerpieces were exactly what I wanted. The bouquets did not last very well and the ribbon around mine was coming undone before the ceremony even started. The BM's bout fell apart and DH's bout looks wilted in some pictures of our vows. It completely died before the end of the reception.
Alterations- Martha Shump Designs- A
Martha did a great job altering my dress and her prices were fabulous. Shes a bit prickly the first time you meet her and is a stickler for time but she completely took apart the bodice of my dress due to a manufacturing error and it looked great. She altered my dress, hemmed it, and did the bustle, as well as steamed it and my veil, for less than I would have paid for just a bustle and hem at the bridal salon. Shes amazing!
Ceremony Musician-Richard Kuncicky -A+
We hired Rick to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. His music is beautiful and he was a dream to work with. He was very prompt in responding to emails and was open to negotiating. He always answered my questions with patience and arrived early the day of. Everyone commented on what a nice touch it was having him play. His music really set the right tone for our day!
DJ-Dennis Hubble of Austin Entertainment-A
We found out about Dennis through a work friend of my fathers. He is a very jovial, likable guy and had some great ideas for our reception. He was very flexible and always responded promptly to my emails and phone calls. Because of the time of our reception, alot of guests didnt dance, but he played all the requests of the little girls who were tearing up the floor. I would definitely recommend him, particularly if you are on a budget!
Makeup Artist-Haley Bolen- A++
I love Haley! She is such a sweetheart and she did such an amazing job! I felt gorgeous all day and my makeup looked fabulous well after the reception ended. I used her for my engagement photos as well and she really listened about what I wanted changed. She applied false eyelashes and I was really worried that they would bother my newly LASIK'd eyes, but I didnt feel them at all. She is very quick and we ended up ahead of schedule.
Hair Stylist-Apryle Nolan-A
I loved my hair after my hair trial and my wedding day hair stayed amazingly through the June heat, and multiple golf cart rides. Apryle's rates are very reasonable as well. She ended up bringing another stylist with her the day of due to her recent surgery and I wish I could remember her name because she was amazing as well! Apryle was just as quick as Haley and we ended hair and makeup a full 30 minutes ahead of schedule!
Officiant-Rev. Craig Grandstaff Sr-A++++
Rev Grandstaff is the sweetest man you could ever meet. He lets you completely customize the ceremony and is a great resource for any questions you have. He even helped me figure out our program wording. His price is reasonable and he is very helpful. He sends off your marriage license for you, and emails you a copy of it. He did a beautiful job during the ceremony and was a great help during the rehearsal.

Hope this helps! The wedding was the best day of my life and other than late flowers, nothing went wrong. Remember that even if there is a small snaffu, at the end of the day, you are married!!

Re: Vendor Reviews---LONG

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing...congratulations! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Love the picture in your siggy.  Can't wait to see more.
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing. I am using Apryle and almost went with TPC. Christine was awesome to meet with but unfortunatley they didn't have my date.
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

By the way, where did you go for your honeymoon?

• NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Secrets Maroma Beach in Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was absolutely amazing! We stayed in a Preferred Club Suite and honestly, they wait on you hand and foot. Its so gorgeous there and I didnt have a single meal that wasnt amazing. Its all inclusive but that doesnt mean buffets and such...theres only one of the 7 restaurants that has a buffet. There are multipile bars and they make full size drinks..whatever you can think of. We had an absolute blast. It was literally the best week of my life. We are already trying to figure out when we can go back!
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know. That was one of the resorts I looked up but we ultimately decided to go to Excellence Riviera Cancun. I have already decided I am booking out next vacation to the resort you went to.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!  Ii actually just made my appt with Martha earlier today.

Did I just miss it in my reading maybe, but who did your photogrpahy? 
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No my photographer wasnt in there. I would like to say I was waiting on the my pro pics but honestly I am just a dork and forgot! I just got my discs today though and let me tell you they were amazing..so here ya go.
    Photographer- Naturally Photography by Gary Denman- A-
    Gary's pictures are to die for and he is a great photographer. He is super easy to work with in person and quite a few of our pictures absolutely take my breath away. The only reason he isnt an A+ is that he was really hard to get in touch with throughout the past few months, when I really needed him to be easy to get ahold of. I do know that one of the reasons he may have been so hard to get ahold of is that they are completely redoing their studio and opened up a printing business so it is slightly understandable, but it was very frustrating for me.  However, he was absolutely amazing for both our engagement pictures and the wedding day. He is very very fast and he honestly gets everything. He knows how to wrangle even the most difficult wedding party. We had a very tight timeline and we still got all of the shots I wanted. He came with a very high rec. from Christine at TPC and is very personable. We went about 1000 over our photography budget for him (with negotiations so I still go everything I wanted) but after looking at the photos tonight, he was worth every single penny. I would highly recommend him despite the lack of communication, simply because he was so great on the wedding day and honestly his pictures are so beautiful. 
  • CherylK00CherylK00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what city was your wedding in?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards