Florida-North Florida
Options

Kingsley Lake Cooper Hall

Is anyone on this North Florida message board getting married at Kingsley Lake or have you already gotten married there? If so, do you have any suggestions on decorating the venue?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kingsley Lake Cooper Hall

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not actually - and honestly I'm jealous we didn't find Camp Blanding until about 2 months after we booked our venue/church :( BUT if you want to post some pictures I'd love to help and I'm sure a couple other girls on the board would lend some advice too!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is a pic of the venue facing the lake. I was thinking of having the ceremony outside. Chairs would be set on the concrete area and the officiant would be standing under a pergola right as you are walking onto the dock. My wedding is Sept. 22, 2012.

If you click on the link below it has the venue "Cooper Hall." You have to click on COOPER HALL and then the camera. It will show a few pics of the place.

Any advice of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

http://www.floridaguard.army.mil/tours/interface2.swf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really love the view. I personally think anything you do will look great. I would definitely wrap some tuile (sp?) around the banisters of the outside deck and do some pretty overlays on the tables. Maybe do some hanging paper lanterns or flowers in your wedding colors? You would easily be able to get away with tall or short centerpieces (or even a combo). Maybe even stagger mason jars with candles in them around the room. I would definitely invest in chair covers for sure. (you can rent or buy them cheap online).
    What colors are you wanting to do? I'll do some more thinking but that would help big time. Do you have a theme you are going for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for all the tips. My colors are navy, cream, and mint green. I don't necessarily have a theme, but it won't be super formal, or informal. The guys will be wearing Navy Blazers & Khakis. I want to use green hydrangeas and the wedding will be around 6, so there can be pictures with the sun setting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out pinterest yet? I've gotten a million things from there for wedding ideas/inspiration. I would definitely recommend checking that site out. I'm still kind of thinking on what else to suggest. We aren't doing anything big/fancy - ours is relatively small and simple. I hope that helps and feel free to PM me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards