Florida-North Florida

St. Augustine wedding help

Hello ladies,

My BF and I are thinking of getting married in St. Augustine, probably around March-May 2011. We are estimating having 60-80 guests. We would prefer an outdoor beach or possibly garden wedding, and then a reception at either a restaurant or a smaller venue that won't be overwhelming with our small guest list. The reception location also needs to be able to hold the ceremony in case of rain, either with an additional space, or by the caterer being able to flip the room.

I have not been successful in googling to find information on having a beach wedding.

If you ladies could recommend any locations or links with information, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Re: St. Augustine wedding help

• edited December 2011
    It's not quite what you are looking for, but I'll share anyhow.... We looked at the House of Sea & Sun, but ended up choosing the Bayfront Mansion for our St. Augustine wedding. It's beautiful, and I'm excited. But we are having both the wedding and reception in the same place, though you could certainly do one or the other. If it rains, which I hope it doesn't, we are going to have to get a pretty large tent. There is also plenty of room indoors in case it is a monsoon or something outside. You can check those both out if you want. The House of Sea & Sun is actually on the beach, whereas the Bayfront Mansion is outdoors, on the water (the bay). so a little different. But we just LOVED the Bayfront Mansion and it was much more affordable. And we are able to bring in all of our vendors, which will help save money as well.

Good luck!
  • jcpalmer1dayjcpalmer1day member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Marineland, we're having a much smaller guest list (25) and a weekday ceremony, but they can accommodate larger parties as well. And for what you get, the prices seemed reasonable... I'm not sure what your budget is though.

Oh, and Marineland is right on the Ocean, so the beach is the backdrop!
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Look up The Reef Restaurant, St. Augustine.  It is just north of Vilano Beach and offers beach weddings.  The prices aren't bad either. 

• edited December 2011
    Try Riverhouse Events, the Oldest House has a garden, the Lightener Museum will be nice for a small group, also check out A1A Ale Works and Casa Monica has a small ballroom that you could use that is just blocks from the beach. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Look at my reply to the St. Augustine post above about the Government House :).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • serene82serene82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also wanting a wedding similiar to yours. A beach ceremony and a small reception. I am going to look into beach houses. I am wondering if possibly we could rent one and have our ceremony outfront then have our reception on the grounds. Has anyone heard of anything like that?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_st-augustine-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:f316d60f-0f9f-47c8-94f6-d8ac4418df75Post:c63c400c-72dd-4d03-8109-dc70279483a9">Re: St. Augustine wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also wanting a wedding similiar to yours. A beach ceremony and a small reception. I am going to look into beach houses. I am wondering if possibly we could rent one and have our ceremony outfront then have our reception on the grounds. Has anyone heard of anything like that?
    Posted by serene82[/QUOTE]

The House of Sea and Sun does something like this.
  • edehl88edehl88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

IMy wedding is on april 2011 and have reserved The Reef in St. Augustine http://www.thereefstaugustine.com/for my reception venue.  Its right at the ocean and their banquet hall is perfect for a simple quaint wedding. They have two covered decks overlooking the ocean and 4 big windows w/ a great oceanfront view. The only drawback is that it is a small place, it can accomodate maybe around 60-80 guests. 100 would be troo crowded. Their price is also very reasonable. I've gotten http://www.mybeachsidewedding.com/ for the wedding ceremony. Their packages are all inclusive and is quite reasonable compared to all the other companies I've contacted. They can also decorate the reception hall.

Hope this helps! Good luck on your search :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards