Ohio-Northeast
Options

Need help with color ideas

Hi ladies. I am having an August wedding in madison. It is right on the water in a lil chapel. My fiance and I can not decide on colors. Actually he doesn't care. Well Im not very good at these things. I do not want something too girlie. Please give me suggestions.

Re: Need help with color ideas

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your favorite color? I'd start with that, then see what works as a coordinating color. Or, if there's a sports team you like or a school that you and FI have an affiliation with, you could use those colors as a starting point. Pick something you like and will continue to love as you look at the wedding pics/video in the future. Don't just pick a color combo because it's 'popular'. :)

Our colors (for a spring wedding) were periwinkle and yellow, with some dark and mint green accents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In all honesty, I thought I had my colors all figured out for my 2010 fall wedding until we went to pick out bridesmaids dresses. I tried my (ivory ) wedding gown on, and my bridesmaid held up a dress we liked next to it but the sample color happened to be in a dark navy blue .... a color I would have never expected to like  (I was thinking plum) but the color looked phenomenal with my wedding gown so I decided on navy, pink, and champagne and my wedding turned out gorgeous!!

so try on your wedding gown and have someone hold up , or try on dresses standing next to you and see what you like. sometimes you have an idea in your head of what may look good and the opposite is true! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards