Ohio-Northeast

BEWARE of Captured Memories Photography!!!!!!

I had posted previously regarding my opinion of him and giving him a C but I'm thinking it should be even lower now.  Let me further explain especially since the most recent encounter with him.
On the day of the actual wedding, we were late...about 45 minutes.  He had to wait and was extremely annoyed.  He yelled at my sisters that they had 30 seconds to get ready or he would come back there and throw a dress on them for him.  He was rude to my parents and my in-laws.  Ralph told my friend he wouldn't get a picture of me getting ready or of her putting the garter on me (its a tradition of ours to have this pic).  Everyone that had an encounter with him that day said he was just a jerk....even the limo driver asked where were found this guy.
He had sent us an email saying the pictures were up for online viewing.  When we looked at them, I cried because there weren't that many of things that I thought were important...for example, more than 1 posed picture of me and my husband at the church, me with my bridesmaids, him with his groomsmen etc.  I sent him an email (since it was too late to call) expressing how disappointed I was, that I felt like I just wasted $1400 on pictures that were ok but weren't a lot there.  He called the next day and wanted to rectify the situation....and wanted us to come to his office and meet him.
We went there and I tried to explain to him that most of the pictures were ok, that there should have been more, that he missed very key moments.  He started acting annoyed and got rude with my husband and I.  Ralph told us that if we wanted pictures like that we had to make a special request.  If I wanted pictures with my husband, more than 1 with my bridesmaids and flower girls, I would have to make that request......seriously?  I paid you to take pictures that entire day of my WEDDING.  I told him thank you for telling me now and that I'd remember that for my next wedding...that I need to request more than 1 picture so that I can choose.  Ralph kept saying that that was just his style and that he's been doing this for over 27 years and knew what to do.  So apparently his style is to only take 1 pic of everything so you better hope to god they turn out.  Ralph then pulled out other peoples photo books and they're pictures were amazing.  I was beyond upset at this point.  I guess that bride knew to make a "special request" for more than 1 picture of everything.  At this point, I'm now in tears and he says very rudely, what's wrong now?  I said my pictures will never look like that (pointing to the one of the bride with her flower girls, the only one I have is of us is me and the 3 flower girls looking out a window...not happy and laughing like in the one picture).   He than screamed at me "what do you mean, it won't look like that...you haven't even made yours yet".  I said to him do not yell at me and that he will never speak to me like that again.  He then screams at me "I'm not yelling at you!".  I looked right at him and said I was done with him and walked out leaving my husband there to deal with him.  As I was walking out I heard my husband say to him, I don't talk to her like that and you won't either.  Ralph claims he didn't yell at me just got "excited" for a minute.  It ended with him telling my husband that when we calm down, we can choose the 150 pictures (from 300) to put into our photo album book.  How do you choose half the pictures when there's not a lot to choose from and you hate most of them?
Our meeting to "rectify" the situation was horrible and made it worse.  Ralph never apologized (not that it would have mattered), showed remorse or anything.  In fact, he got defensive and argued.  We never asked for our money back or anything.  I just wanted him to know how upset I was.  I really truly feel like I could have taken $1400 and thrown it out the window and gotten a better feeling. 
Please do NOT use him or if you already have him scheduled make a list of everything you want pictures taken of and make all the special requests to get more than 1 picture.

Re: BEWARE of Captured Memories Photography!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you had a terrible experience. I have nothing to add, just I feel bad that your memories are ruined.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to read about your horrible photography experience. Here's hoping that some of your family and friends got some amazing shots that will give you wonderful memories.
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards