Arizona-Phoenix

Rehearsal Brunch Locations/Vent

We are getting married at The Wright House in Mesa (we live in north phx), and our rehearsal is scheduled for 11 am. His mom is planning the brunch and I was looking for some inexpensive location ideas. She mentioned a few places and wanted to do things on a small budget (she is always telling us she is broke but wants to do all of these expensive things, and her mom usually bails her out).

Do I ask if she is paying for the brunch. Do we just assume everyone pays their way and if she picks up the bill then thats fine? I don't know how to talk to her about money and I dont want to expect it, which I don't.  And how do I plan the guest list? Both of our families are coming from out of town and she already asked me if she could invite her sister because she will be in from out of town... She has already taken over our guest list for the wedding and added at least 25 people, and now my family is feeling left out because we aren't inviting everyone they want.

I just dont know where to do it and who to invite.

Re: Rehearsal Brunch Locations/Vent

• We invited our wedding party, their spouses, our parents, any guests that were from out of town. IMHO, it would be pretty rude to invite all these people to a brunch then expect them to pay for thier own meal. If its not in your budget, it's really not necessary to have. If it's important to you, you're going to have to talk to her see if she's planning on paying. Good luck!
  • We held our rehearsal brunch at Olive & Ivy in Scottsdale and paid $15 per person (this included coffee, tea and soft drinks as well as bread for the tables before the meals were served) which from what I found while exploring our options was an extremely reasonable price!  We intied all of our bridal party plus their significant others (however, our brunch was on a Friday at 11am so not many of their dates could join) and all of our family members.  We ended up being a group of 50 people which was a lot but we did not want to exclude any family members, especially since both of our familes came from out of town.  We had planned on paying for the brunch ourselves but then my husband's mom ended up picking up the tab at the end which was a super nice surprise.  I think you should plan on paying for the brunch yourselves if you are not sure if his parents can pay for it...if they end up offering to pay in the end, great, but if not, please dont ask your guests to pay!  It would be better to skip the rehearsal brunch all together if no one can afford to host.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards