Arizona-Phoenix

Off to dress shop!

Heading out for my first dress shopping (Davids)

Wish me luck!  :)
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Off to dress shop!

• nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a response on the Oct ober board too....but, Yay!!! Good luck! Where are you headed?
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to David's bridal today.  Probably going to set up an appointment at Suzanne's after this

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JMejia1972JMejia1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't let their (awful) website deceive you or the shop location deceive you.... Azteca on 11th St. & Washinton has an amazing selection. I can tell you I wa shocked! I didn't expect them to have th HUGE selection of designers they carry as well as the range of prices. I recommend going there. I stopped there for the 1st time yesterday jus to look at first I was turned off until they took me upstairs! I am VERY picky and was very pleasantly surprised. Ladies! Check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Suzanne's. The staff was very friendly, but they don't have a very large selection. I bought my dress at Azteca and highly recommend it! I liked a dress at Suzanne's, but wasn't sure. I ended up getting a similar one (but better) by the same designer at Azteca for waaaay cheaper. Azteca is the best! I know a lot of other women who got their dresses there and if you do buy there you get a great deal on tuxes! Happy shopping! :)
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh good luck!  Dress shopping was sooo fun!
    Photobucket
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree AZteca was a great place to start....for ideas and prices!  I actually found my dress at Azteca and got the price and they said they would give additional %15 off.  Then a different dress shopping day I went to another bridal store and they had my dress and I told them that Azteca was giving it to me for this price with an addiional %20 percent off...just to see if I could get that far!  They said yes!!!  So play the game and see what you can work with but do get starting prices so you know what to work with and how far you can haggle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all of the tips.  Sounds like I should check out Azteca too.  Will post a shopping report once FI is not around :)

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So dress shopping went better than I thought.  I always hate all pictures of me and usually just feel like I look awful in everything.  I think I'm going to shop around some more - but I put some pics in my bio (under attire) of the three favorites from the trip...

What do you guys think? 

Amy & Ian

image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards