Arizona-Phoenix

Dolce Borgata

Please tell me about your experience for wedding hair and makeup at this location. TIA

Re: Dolce Borgata

• edited December 2011
    My hair experience was perfect. I had my trial and day of with Celia...and my hair was by far what I got complimented on the most. She really made sure it was what I wanted and her skills are just extraordinary. Another knottie, Lola referred me to her. My makeup there was another story though...I cancelled my day of makeup after the trial. The girl I had was sloppy and didn't even come close to doing what the picture I showed her looked like. Seriously, even my false eyelashes she convinced me I needed were put on extremely crooked. I looked like a freakshow. It might've just been her and unfortunately I don't remember her name, but they don't have a ton of color choices so they achieve it by mixing and she couldn't even get it the same to do both sides of my face in the same color. I ended up doing my own makeup on my wedding day. Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, that is very helpful. I am sorry for your bad experience, thank you for the advice.    
  • edited December 2011
    OMG - I had the EXACT same experience, and haven't said much to anyone until now. I had to show the girl where my my lip line is (I may not be Angelina, but they are NOT hard to find). Girl had no idea what she was doing - half of my face was three shades darker than the other, and I was not in shadow. I asked for a nice lip shade, slightly darker than my natural coloring, and she gave me an orangy red. DH came in to get me, and could feel my frustration. The point was to go to someone who could do it BETTER than I can. But my hair girl, Celia, was AMAZING. In the end, I went to Rolf's and couldn't have been happier, especially with Morgan, the makeup artist. All around, a great experience.
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to clarify after reading the previous posts. Morgan was good for makeup, but we don't know the name of the makeup artist who did a poor job? If that's the case, I guess I'll just stick with Morgan & avoid any others. TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards