Arizona-Phoenix

Alterations recommendations

My dress came in yesterday but i don't know where to go to get it altered. I don't want to go where i bought the dress because that's all the way down in Tucson. Also,my wedding is January 2nd, when should i start getting it altered? I don't really know anything about this process, so any information/tips would be great. TIA!

Re: Alterations recommendations

• jaye321jaye321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.janetkirkman.com really good prices, and she's very knowledgeable.  Talk to her about when, but I think I did mine about 4 weeks before the wedding.  She held on to it until 3 days before as well so I didn't have to store it laid out on a bed after being steamed.
  • edited December 2011
    Got mine altered at the wedding accessory superstore in North Phoenix, all my bridesmaids got theirs altered there as well.. Mine only the hem was needed so that was $50, only took a week to get it done.
  • edited December 2011
    Janet Kirkman!
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you figure out who you want to use for alterations call them & ask when to come in. I called an alterations place this morning & she told me to come in this January to prep for my April wedding. She thinks coming in any earlier is a bad idea because weight fluctuates so much over the holidays/time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards