Arizona-Phoenix

Invitation question....

Did you insert registry info inserts in your wedding invitations? I've read before that this is considered rude. Thank you all for your feedback, it really helps :)

Re: Invitation question....

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I have heard that's one of the biggest faux pas you can make. It sets the tone on presents instead of the nuptials.  We are not putting our registry info in the wedding invitations. We are going to rely on friends and family to spread the word about our registry.  We will be putting an insert into the bridal shower invitations.
    Photobucket
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is really poor etiquette to put registry information into the invitations. People will perceive it as a request for gifts, and though gifts are common, they are not required. So no, definitely don't put that in the invitation. That being said, I do believe that the registry information should be convenient for your guests to find. I have a link to my registry on my wedding website, along with local information, maps to the wedding, pics of us, etc. I put a card in the invitations with our wedding website on it. That way, you can make the information available, just not prominent.
  • jaye321jaye321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely do not do this!  It's gives your guests the idea that gifts are expected, which they are not. 
  • edited December 2011
    as the other PP's stated, you do not want to do this at all.  It is bad form.  It is either up to your friends and family to spread that word.  Another great idea is to set up your wedding website and email friends and family with that information so they can see where you are registered.  
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to make an insert that has hotel information, directions/map, and our wedding website on it. On the website is our registry information if they would like to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards