Ohio-Northeast
Options

Wedding Planner/Coordinator

Is anyone using a wedding planner or coordinator?  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.  Did using a planner help you find better vendors or get better deals?  Did your planner help with DIY decorations?  Or was the planner just another person to bounce ideas off of?  Also, day of coordinator?  Worth it if you have a venue coordinator?  Any personal experiences appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner/Coordinator

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I hired heidzillas for my wedding planner, and it's yes to all of your questions and concerns, she has basically been by right arm in wedding planning, she does as much or as little as you want. Let me know if you need any more advice. :) --Hilary
    Married 7/30/11 ME: 23 DH: 30 TTC SINCE 1/1/12 New Years **
  • Options
    nikki2114nikki2114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Hilary! Heidi is awesome!
  • Options
    jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Angela Wish from A Wedding Wish and she was wonderful to work with. In my opinion hiring Angela was the best planning move that I made. She provided tons of guidance before the wedding, reccomended vendors and then made sure everything ran smoothly on the my wedding day. Can't say enough good things about Angela!
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in no way bashing wedding coordinators/planners, but I thought I'd give you a perspective from the other side.  I did not have one when planning my wedding.  I was able to plan the wedding in 8 months and did about 99% of the planning and organizing on my own.  I never felt stressed or worried about planning and was completely fine the day of (people always say you'll be running all over the place without one, but I am proof that that is not a correct statement, lol).  I'm not saying there's no point to them, because I'm sure they have wonderful ideas and that it is wonderful to have help with everything.  I just want you to know that if you choose not to go in that direction, it will not be a living nightmare for you.  It can be done  :)

Best of luck with whatever you decide!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nikki2114nikki2114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Starshine, I originally thought the same thing, but having been working with a planner for the last couple of months, and being involved in some friends' weddings who didn't have them, I can definitely say things seem smoother for me so far.  I think it also depends on your personality and how creative you are.  I am not good at doing things like that so a planner was perfect for me.  
    Good luck with whatever decision you make!!
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like I said, I wasn't trying to imply they aren't useful... I was simply stating that they're not 100% necessary.  People have been planning weddings on their own for years and somehow they managed.  I don't know the budget of the original poster, but if it's small, I don't want her to feel as though she absolutely has to have one.  I wanted her to know that I, as well as many others, were able to do it without one and it went VERY smoothly and not once did I feel overwhelmed.  I'm in no way creative - I just researched (a lot) and found things that I liked. 

Either way... it all comes down to personal preference.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Janelle, she has planned a few of my friends weddings. She is starting her own business, so you can probably get a good deal. Here is her email address loveisinthedetailsweddings@gmail.com 

Good Luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards