Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Photog and Video Advice Needed!

Hi everyone,This is my first time posting on the boards - very exciting!Anyways...I am looking into photographers and want to find a team of 2 people to come to the wedding and take posed pics, as well as the unposed, photojournalistic style. Is there such a thing as hiring a team of people to be with us all day for $1500 (or even less) and getting an album, copyright to our photos, etc?Also, while I am not really wanted to spend money on a videographer, as I feel no one really ever watches their wedding video, I am having second thoughts about not having one. I dont want to regret not being able to watch a video. Does anyone have any ideas for how to do this as cheaply as possible?Any vendor suggestions are much appreciated!!

Re: Photog and Video Advice Needed!

• Options
    nzg1983nzg1983 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Moments In Film Photography.  We paid $1700 for a package that included an engagement session, 8 hours, 3 storybook albums and copyright to pictures.www.momentsinfilm.com
  • Options
    nzg1983nzg1983 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And 2 photographers were with us for all 8 hours.
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photog works solo, so I can't help you much there. But welcome to the board!
  • Options
    JulieF321JulieF321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nsg1983 - Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check them out.  mresendez - Thx for the welcome! Out of curiousity, who is your photog? I love the "LOVE" photo - it's very cute.
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Aften Wright (www.typepad.afteneyephoto.com). She is fabulous, but she has recently moved to PA. She will still travel here to do shoots, but you would have to pay her travel costs. Luckily, I booked her before she decided to move so that didn't apply to me. She is really great though, so if you can afford it, I recommend her. If you just want the LOVE statue, it's up at the Scottsdale Civic Center. As for the videographer, I don't have one. I didn't think the wedding video would be all the important to me. I have an uncle who loves to record everything and always has a video camera with him so I will have him just do an informal video. When are you getting married? Have you worked out any details yet?
  • Options
    JulieF321JulieF321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. That's too bad she moved, as I am not able to pay extra for travel costs. Also, the plan now is that we're getting married March 2010. We are just working on finalizing our venue now! Other than the venue, I am trying to get all our vendors organized asap.If you have any suggestions, I appreciate them, as we really still have to book almost everything.  How about you? Are you mostly done with planning? I can see your wedding is quite close! Congrats = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for suggesting Moments in Film Photography...I think we may have a winner :)
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Tiramisu Studios - they do BOTH photography and videography - and I couldn't find anyone who could beat their price for what you get!  I think they are currently offering a free engagement session with some of their packages too...good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards