Arizona-Phoenix

Bridesmaid dresses- help!

Hi ladies, I am having a really hard time deciding on bridesmaid dresses and need some help! I would like my color to be eggplant, and my fiance has already picked out the tuxs at Men's Warehouse and some of them will be wearing a Lapis vest (eggplant). A few concerns.... 1) Found several Lapis dresses at Davids Bridal, but none of them wow me or my sister (MOH) any more, but they are all super reasonably priced and budget is an issue for a few of my bridesmaids 2) LOVE this dress from Bari Jay, but the color is "passion" and looks like a brighter purple http://www.barijay.com/style.php?style=510 My sister and I both loved the Bari Jay dress and made the mistake of showing it to my fiance and her bf who promptly told us it looks frumpy....now what?! IF we go with the Bari Jay dress anyway, will it look weird if it's brighter than the guys vests? Also, I should mention, they are weariing chocolate brown tuxs... Also, my dress is satin...should the bridesmaid dresses be the same fabric? Or will it look weird if they aren't? Obviously we won't put them in Chiffon or something random but just wondering. My dress also has a bubble hem, so I thought that would tie us together nicely if we did the Bari Jay dresses but now I'm all over the place help please =) TIA Sarah

Re: Bridesmaid dresses- help!

• edited December 2011
    The link wouldn't work all the way but I think you were looking at style 510... right?Im not a fan of the bubble bottom... but then I tried on a bridal gown that had it and fell in love with it... so, I have mixed emotions.My girls are wearing a dress from DB that was first chosen for budget reasons (props to you for taking this into consideration) and then all the girls tried it on and it looked great!  They are ALL different shapes and sizes and everybody really looked amazing... and it has pockets, which... well, thats just cool.http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&catentryId=6097115Also, don't listen to the boys opinions... they don't know anything about dresses.And, see what the return policy is for Bari Jay - sometimes when you get things online they dont turn out the same... especially the color.  do they have any local places where they are sold that you could go try it on?  If not, order one asap and have your MOH try it on... see if you still love it and if its wirth the dough.
  • JulieF321JulieF321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had the girls order their dresses yet, but was also looking at David's Bridal due to cost and many girls of different shapes. I agree with the bride above that boys probably don't know that much about dresses (lol) and so I think it's more important want the girls who would be wearing them think. In the end, I would say to go with what you think feels right. As long as you all are happy and comfortable in the dresses, I'm sure bubble-hem or not the pics and day will look great. = )Julie
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with the forever your line (I Do I Do Bridal has a large variety in stock) and they can make any of their dresses in any color - and they have eggplant. I am also wearing a satin dress so I had my bms go with satin but I am really particular about details like that. I really LOVED the large selection that Forever Yours had to offer which is wht we went with them. I have 10 girls in my party and each of them are wearing a different dress style (the same length, color and material) and all of my girls found dresses that they love (none were doubled up). You can check out the collection online at foreverbridals.com. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards