Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Vendor Reviews

The wedding was 10/3/09 and I am just now getting around to writing some reviews! The thing I loved is that 90% of our vendors were found on Craigslist or through a friend of a friend, meaning we got GREAT deals!DJ- Scott the DJ with Satisfied Entertainment Scott was amazing. He made our reception amazing. I had discussed that because of a lack of a bar and the fact that it was an early afternoon reception I knew dancing wouldn't really happen so I just wanted the music to be good at least. Not only did he have great music but he had everyone up dancing. He even lead the entire wedding party and most the guests in a version of Thriller! It sounds silly but it was great. I even had guests coming up to me telling me how great the DJ was. Several of the guests at our wedding have asked for his name and number for either there weddings (we have a lot of engaged friends) or someone they know engaged. By far the best vendor we had and he was also INCREDIBLY affordable. Came in way below every other quote!Photographer- Mandy Reed PhotographyMandy was affordable, professional, and so sweet. Our package included rights to EVERY picture she took at the wedding on DVD's so we can print everything we want and control the costs. Her packages also include a certain number of edited photos (of course you can pay extra for additional) and a slide show that we can send to our guests. I am very happy with our pictures! You can check them out on her website at mandyreedphotography .com under weddings (we are Mark and Renee). Cake- Mikayla GreenThis was our biggest save and biggest reward. This is a friend of a friend who is a culinary school graduate that does wedding cakes on the side. I was a little worried because I had only seen a few pictures of her work, but to me I couldn't justify a huge price tag on something that everyone would eat...but the cake turned out stunning and from what I heard tasted GREAT (we were so busy we didn't get a piece). The cake turned out even better then the picture I gave her. I do have pictures and her contact info for any of you brides on a budget. Florist- Jen with Ever After FloralsI was not to picky about flowers because I know NOTHING about flowers. Jen was great. I gave her colors and a price range and they were beautiful. She had a lot of small details with the flowers that made them special. She is also so easy to work with. I would highly recommend her.Venue- Old Town Wedding CenterI have heard mixed reviews about my venue on the this board. Well I was very happy with them. It was absolutly BEAUTIFUL and made a great backdrop for pictures. I will say there prices at first seemed high for what you got, but in the end I would say it was worth it. They include a day of cordinator with the venue. I didn't really think much of this. She was so helpful. I completely underestimated how much of a help she would be. She kept all of my vendors  on the same page and even kept tabs on family and wedding party throughout the day. She did everything from fix the bustle on my dress, to help set up centerpieces the day of. I would very much recommend the venue. We got very lucky. We had great vendors at great prices! If anyone would like any additional information or pictures with any of the vendors please let me know! Best of luck!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Congrats on your marriage :-)
  • Options
    ellennazellennaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you have Mikayla Greens e-mail My daughter is also getting married at Old Town Wedding we loved the grounds and they were very nice and helpful!
  • Options
    reneekashkareneekashka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is Mikayla's e-mail address: mgreen87@gmail.com If you would like to see any pictures of my cake to see her work, let me know. She did great work!
  • Options
    ellennazellennaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your cake and pictures are great I went on Mandys web site. We are doing cupcakes and then a small cake on top. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, would you mind posting the contact info for Scott the DJ too? He sounds great!
  • Options
    reneekashkareneekashka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scott the DJ scottdjservice @ yahoo.com I had his phone number but I have NO idea where I put it. After the wedding we kinda but all the wedding planning stuff in a box to deal with later. Lol. Let him know Renee and Mark from October 3rd sent you. Looking back he is hands down the most memorable vendor. I loved our DJ truly. We have already given his name and information out to several of our wedding guests. I am sure you will love him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards