Arizona-Phoenix

Vendor Reviews

Venue: Starfire at Scottsdale Country Club - B+
Original wedding coordinator (Sandy) quit, no one called to tell us, we found out when we called and the person who answered said ‘they don’t work here anymore.’ F&B manager also changed. New coordinator (Jill) started three months prior to our wedding. She did not always return emails promptly but as the ‘day-of-coordinator’ she kept everything in line and I did not have to worry about a thing. The one issue that bothered us was that they only had one bartender working throughout our reception. It resulted in some lines that we felt could have been avoided.

Also, the venue only seats about 100 people (semi) comfortably in the main room. If they tell you they can seat more than that, they mean by having the reception outside or by splitting up your guests.

The food was good, which we heard from many of our guests.

Cake: Piece of Cake Desserts - A+
The cake was delicious, beautiful and not overly expensive. We couldn’t have asked for anything more (except for more cake, that is!)

DJ: Dwayne Oliverson of Oliverson Media, LLC - A+
Dwayne was great to work with. Sometimes difficult to get ahold of by email, he nevertheless came through big time on the day of. He knows how to keep a dance floor going and didn’t hog the mic like some DJs do. He also provided us with sound for the ceremony, which was great.

Shuttle: Arizona Corporate Coach - A+
They were very reasonably priced. Cost included tax and tip. They were a couple minutes late but it turns out I gave them the wrong address (Indian Bend vs. Indian School... oops!).

Hotel: Scottsdale Resort & Athletic Club - C
For such a beautiful hotel, it is very poorly managed. I had more phone calls with the new sales manager (Michael) than I could count. The ball was dropped when he came on board, so no one told us when our first block of 10 rooms was booked up. When we called to check on it, we were told there were only 5 rooms left in the whole hotel. After many, MANY calls, we finally were able to get MOST of our guests at the hotel. One reservation was cancelled without the guest knowing it (good thing I caught that one!).

A couple guests did not get their welcome bags, but all of the bags were gone when they went back to pick one up. The service at the restaurant throughout the weekend was poor. It was fine for drinks, but not if you wanted food. Apparently they had fired the manager, and were very short-staffed. An hour of waiting in an empty restaurant resulted in a free meal, but that is not the way to satisfy customers.

Dress: Lillian Lottie - A
They were 10% cheaper than every other place that had my dress. When my dress came in three (3!!) months early, they held onto it and let me pay the balance in installments. They happily let me come in to try the dress on when I bought my wedding shoes. They were wonderful to deal with and I’d go through them again in a heartbeat. The only negative I saw with them was that they only had two dressing rooms, so you definitely need to make an appointment.

Veil:  Joyousillusions on Etsy - A+++
Made a beautiful veil to my specifications in no time at all. She held onto it for several weeks until I was ready to pay for it. She then charged me only shipping when the color didn’t match my dress. She was wonderful to work with every single step of the way.

Bridesmaids dresses: Wedding Accessory Superstore - C+
Good communication prior to and after ordering BM dresses, until it was time for the dresses to arrive. They were 10 days late. Then, even though we were less than one month from the wedding date, they waited another two days to send out the dresses. They talked one bridesmaid into ordering a dress THREE sizes too big for her. In the end, it turned out ok. But it could have been a disaster.

With all those C’s, you’d think we had a terrible wedding, but we didn’t. Despite some frustrations with the vendors, we had a great day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards