Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Wedding Dress Shopping Reviews

I'm a NJ bride, but since my parents live in Phoenix and my mom was purchasing my dress we decided to go wedding dress shopping over the holiday break and I thought I'd share my experiences/reviews so far!

Mariee Salon in Scotsdale - Prices started at $750 and went up to I think at least $6,000. They have several designers and have a few pieces from each collection to try on (though I was able to request a specific dress from one of their designers ahead of time and they brought it in for me). The samples are sizes 8-10, but I'm a 14/16ish and they were able to pin them on me with no trouble so I could see how they would fit. The owners David and Carrie are WONDERFUL (they recently purchased the shop from the old owner) to work with and I had a great experience with them. I found a dress there that I loved, but wasn't 100% sure. They encouraged me to sleep on my decision and even look elsewhere, only giving me the advice to "pick the dress you can't get out of your mind". Not pushy at all in their suggestions and super accommodating. Mariee was my first wedding dress trying on experience and I couldn't have been happier. They are happy to let you take pictures of the dresses and allowed my sister to even take video with her flipcam.

Davids Bridal Phoenix - My consultant was Brittani. She first pulled the dresses from my "try on list" and was great about asking me what I liked and didn't like about each one. Later she pulled some additional dresses in completely different styles and I am SO GLAD she did even though I didn't like some of the styles, but I am happy I tried on a little of everything so I felt like I looked at a variety of options. At the end she pulled a great pick for me and it was a strong contender, but once I said I needed to sleep on it, the appointment went downhill. She got super pushy, telling me they couldn't get the dress after that day, pushing me to buy it, even though they couldn't get it in Ivory (the color she KNEW I wanted all along). I truly needed to sleep on my decision so I left, happy I had tried on a variety of styles, but bummed about the pressure. We were allowed to take pics of every dress here as well. 

In the end the dress at Mariee was "THE dress" for me and I went with that one. It really was the one I couldn't get out of my mind and I'm happy with my choice. My sister was trying on bridesmaid dresses at Davids Bridal at the same time I was shopping for my dress there and had a great experience with her consultant (I didn't get her name) and there was NO pressure there to buy or choose, so maybe it does depend on consultant. Also, one other thing to note, after you go to Davids, you WILL get bombarded with emails about vendors, sales etc, so give them an alternate email address if you don't want that in your inbox.

Hope my experience helps! Would love to hear other ladies opinions on these shops as well!!

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping Reviews

• Options
    Retrodeb1Retrodeb1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the most wonderful experience at Mariee Salon.  They had a great selection of very well designed dresses.  All of the qualities you are looking for once in a lifetime dress.  I am an interior designer and am very fussy about fabrics and embellishments.  I choose a Watters gown that did not have any embellishment on it so I can add my own designer touches to the styling of my ensemble.  David and Carrie are the most amazing people and took such great care of me and really listened to what I wanted.  They are english so they have a way of making you feel like royalty right from the start.  I highly recommend working with them, you won't regret it.  There are way too many things to stress over and it should not be your dress experience.  Cheers! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards