Arizona-Phoenix

New Phoenix bride, question about florist

Hi there,
 I am new to the forum.  I am excited to finally have some time in my day to post :)  I am meeting with Fred's Flowers of Tempe on Friday and was wondering if anyone has worked with them, or knows how their prices compare to other florists.  I already got a quote from My Fantasy Florals, and it was so expensive. We have a tight budget so any florists advice would be great.  Thank you!

Re: New Phoenix bride, question about florist

• GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fred's Flowers was the 1st florist I met with (my BF used them for her wedding). They were extremely friendly & detailed-oriented, which I liked. When we received our quote, however, it was sky rocket high ($15K)!!! I met with 2 more florists to compare Fred's unit prices to theirs & realized quickly that Fred's charged so much more for the same flowers as the other florists did. I decided to go with Amanda at Butterfly Petals because she charged about a fifth of what Fred's quoted me (bless her!). I've had a great experience working with her so far.

P.S. The BF who booked Fred's paid $6K for her wedding flowers & she didn't have many arrangements (no BMs, just corsages/bouts/her bouquet/centerpieces). Also (no offense to anyone who's used Fred's), I truly wasn't amazed by her arrangements. I think $6K worth of flowers should wow you, but that's only my personal opinion.

• GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on getting engaged (sorry, I went straight to answering the question & I forgot to include this)!! :o)

• edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Fred's Florist, but I do second Amanda with Butterfly Petals!  She has been wonderful!  I told her my budget ($2,500k) and she was able to do exactly what I wanted for that amount, while other florists had quoted me upwards of $10k for the same exact thing!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Jen with Ever After Florals. We used her, and she stuck within our budget and gave us great florals. She's also extremely nice and very easy to work with.  
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of Fred's before.  I used Jenny Williams and she was amazing.  My total flower cost was well under $1000 and my flowers weren't skimpy at all.  Her website is www.flowerpowerweddings.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Carriage Flowers or Countryside Florist.  They're resonable and I got their information from the Phoenix wedding workbook which screens their vendors so we don't have to.  Here's the website address to get the book. www.phoenixweddingworkbook.com

Good luck!
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of Fred's, so I am no help there.

I also used Amanda with Butterfly Petals. She was so great and easy to work with. She perfectly understood what I wanted for my flowers. I wanted my wedding to be decorated with candles, not flowers, and to keep the bouquets very simple and clean. She got it and everything turned out well. There were some substitutions that she had to make because of flower availability, but she honestly did the best that could have been done and kept the "vision". I recommend her often. :)
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!! You will LOVE this board the girls are so great and very helpful.

I met with at least 10 florists (have not heard of the one you are inquiring about unfortunately) but I also suggest Amanda with Butterfly Petals. I recently decided to use her for our wedding flowers and not only is she amazing (from what I have seen in pictures so far) but she was also the best priced out there. After meeting with her I pretty much knew right away I wanted to work with her but being the thorough bride I am decided I needed to met with a variety.

Because of that though, I met with some other great florists too (and one HORRIBLE one). So if you decide Amanda and the other suggested florists aren't for you I would be happy to send their names too if needed.
  • SunDvlBrideSunDvlBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your feedback, I decided to cancel my appt. with Fred's and instead made an appt. with Petal Pushers for Monday. I hope they can stay in my 2k floral budget :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Amy Garza with Amy's Floral Design.  I highly recommend her.  She did a wonderful job and I adored my flowers!

her website is: www.amysfloraldesign.com
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • smoore79smoore79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Second Amanda w/Butterfly petals.  She was great and worked wtihin our budget.
  • stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using Jen with Ever After Floral's and she's amazing.  She also did two of my other friend's weddings.  Amanda from Butterfly Petals was my 2nd choice.  But I recommend Jen.  She's easy to work with, has great ideas, and will stick within your budget while still giving you beautiful arrangements.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Wolz Florist.  www.wolzsflorist.com

They will give you superior service and reasonable prices.

If you need other local vendors with great reputations try out www.nwphxweddingprofessionals.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards