Arizona-Phoenix

Looking for a venue

Please help me. I am in desperate need of a wedding venue. I can't afford these crazy venue prices of 2500-5500 just for the space and then pay for their catering and bar. I have my own chef/caterer, bartender, dj, and photographer. Just looking for a cheap grassy area for a 60 count wedding. Hopefully a backyard. I live in Phoenix. Anyone with ideas please. Or anyone willing to open their backyard for a fee. No parks, I don't want strangers walking around my wedding and most the parks in Phoenix are ghetto. Thanks everyone. From one bride to another.

Re: Looking for a venue

• edited December 2011
    Please help me. I am in desperate need of a wedding venue. I can't afford these crazy venue prices of 2500-5500 just for the space and then pay for their catering and bar. I have my own chef/caterer, bartender, dj, and photographer. Just looking for a cheap grassy area for a 60 count wedding. Hopefully a backyard. I live in Phoenix. Anyone with ideas please. Or anyone willing to open their backyard for a fee. No parks, I don't want strangers walking around my wedding and most the parks in Phoenix are ghetto. Thanks everyone. From one bride to another.
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried your local board?  This is international and unless someone is from there, we probably don't know of anywhere
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The parks in Phoenix really aren't "ghetto."  That's kind of offensive to someone who might actually be having their wedding at a Phoenix park.
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out prices for venues on a Friday or Sunday?  It's usually about 1/2 the price of a Saturday wedding.   
    DSC_9275
  • This is a local board lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is a local board lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Check out the Japanese Friendship Garden
  • I don't know the price for sure, but since it's a historic site/park it could be a less expensive option. It's something I considered for myself - check out Heritage and Science Park in downtown Phoenix. It's so beautiful! I walked by an outdoor wedding there and it looked really elegant and personal. Best of luck!
  • Please let me know if you find anything. I've been looking too. There's community centers that are cheap.
  • TeamLindaMarkTeamLindaMark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Desert Botanical Garden?  There are different spaces for different wedding party sizes.  From the website it looks beautiful.
  • my venue, Sunridge Canyon, didn't have a site fee. I think there was a ceremony set-up fee of $5 a guest, but that's it. Then you just paid for catering/consumption bar. I think we paid Sunridge a total of $8k for the ceremony and reception site, stations/buffet catering, 3 passed appetizers and a consumption bar for 100 people.
  • You may want to look into Windemere Hotel :
    5750 East Main Street  Mesa, AZ 85205
    (480) 985-3600

I was looking into venues and it was on the affordable end. Also in Giblert is a place called Portico:

http://www.porticoweddings.com/porticoweddings.com/Pricing.html

Both are affordable and smaller to accomodate a 60 person wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards