Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Regale! at DC Ranch

Have any of you used or been to a wedding at Regale! at DC Ranch in Scottsdale?? What was your experience??

Re: Regale! at DC Ranch

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never used them, but I've met the owner (he owns a DJ business) and he is a great guy! I've heard good things about the property.
  • Options
    JacLovesJamesJacLovesJames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking into Regale too. I went to the open house a few weeks ago. It is a bit hard to decide when there are no reviews on the place. What is your opinion?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From the little bit of searching on the internet I did, it looks like this venue is fairly new.  Opened this summer.... sometime in July or August from what I could find. That may be the reason you are not finding any reviews.  I have been hanging around this board for way tooo long! LOL and I don't remember anyone mentioning this as their venue but that is not too surprising if this is a newer place.

If this is a new venue you could get a great deal!  Just make sure you are well organized so no one there drops the ball.  The good news is most of the time on the day of the photog and the DJ run the show at the reception and the Pastor runs the ceremony. 

I would just make sure that you look at the likelihood that they will fold and go out of biz in this economy, especially if you are going to have a longer engagement.  It looks like you have to hire the caterer, so that would be a plus for me in a newer venue. 

Let us know what you decide to do!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did a private venue tour there recently.  I thought their place was beautiful and so was the ceremony location in the park, but I didn't like the flow because guests (and me) had to walk quite a ways to get from one to another, that's not necessarily a deal breaker though.  Their all-inclusive pricing was actually fairly decent, but you could bring in your own vendors and get the price down even more probably.  FI and I have our hearts set on a golf course though, otherwise, they'd probably be at the top of our list of considerations.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ibstephiibstephi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The owner is a very well known business owner of another wedding company in town ! I think you should not worry about him going out of business ! He has a lot invested !    -  It is a gorgeous venue !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're checking it out this Sunday! I'll keep you posted!!! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's been a while since I've posted here.  I was married last Nov.09. The owner of the Regale (Tony) is a mutual friend of my husband and was a guest at my wedding.
    Tony has been in the wedding & event business for over 20 years, he has opened
    a few very successful nightclubs in Arizona. The venue is new and opened this past
    June. Tony is not only an expert in the wedding industry but has also surround himself with the best most experienced wedding vendors in the business. The Regale had their first wedding on Oct. 16, this past Sat. No reviews yet, but check out all the reviews from  the vendors on the Regale's preferred vendor list. With a beautiful location and great service I don't see this place going away anytime soon.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!! That is great to hear!!! I'm really excited about having our wedding there, and they are so reasonably priced!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaime,
    Did you end up bookingat Regale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No we go to see it tomorrow. I'm super excited!! I'll fill you in after we see it!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you having at your wedding?  I am just really concerned about space, but I absolutely love the place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay ladies.... I know you're been wondering, and today was the day!! We booked Regale for October 8, 2011!!! Tony & Linda are AWESOME, and Market Street in DC Ranch is so unique!! We're going to have the ceremony at the plaza, cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception inside. We're inviting about 75 people, so the space is perfect! They can easily accomodate 150+ guests, so to Jac - BOOK IT!!! They're going to fill up fast once the word gets out about this place!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking :-) Keep us up to date with the planning :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!! I am loving this venue already!!! We just booked on Sunday, and already EVERY single vendor has contacted us about getting everything set up!!! This is moving along like a DREAM!! Ladies - if you haven't booked your venue yet, do it at Regale!! We got an all-inclusive package, and this is one of the best decisions I have ever made - just short of saying YES to my fiancee!! They are seriously going to book up SO FAST when word gets out about this place!! Unbelievable!! And the price is very affordable!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your major decision!! Details, details about the planning!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay... colors are deep red, orange, gold... fall colors... David Orr Photography, Put a Fork in it Catering, Professional Mobile Entertainment, and Cactus Flowers - ALL incredible vendors!! Meeting with most of them next month, so it looks like all major planning will be mostly done by the holidays!! Now, I just have to sit back and pay for it!! Oh - and find a dress!!! But I already have my eye on a Maggie Sottero that I tried on at the bridal show! I'm going to have Jen B do my makeup, and Dolce do the hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amazing, amazing, amazing!! Sounds great. Congrats :-)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaime,
    We met with Tony today and also booked!  I feel so much better now that I have a vunue.  It is so exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Did you book an all-inclusive package??? When's your date??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we did the all-inclusive.  We're getting married November 18, 2011! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jac -
    Met with David Orr today, and he mentioned that you're also using him for your wedding. You are going to LOVE him!!! What other vendors are you using? So far, we've met David, and Mark Sanchez from Professional Mobile Entertainment. We're meeting with Alison from Put a Fork in It on the 28th. How's your planning going??

Jaime
  • Options
    danzchica24danzchica24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really wanted to like this place - I loved the diversity of photo ops available, and that the venues can change for each part - ceremony, cocktail hour, reception. I WISH I could do this place, but the reception area just seems too small for the 130 people I'm expecting. 75-100 sounds perfect for this gorgous venue!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Regale! at DC Ranch and I am loving it!

My financee and I searched for months for something that was the perfect balance of unique, upscale (but affordable), and different. Venues claiming those things were trash. I felt like the art museums couldn't be bothered with us and the golf resorts just weren't compatible with our personalities. The venue is gorgeous and the prices are unreal. I emailed Tony (the owner) on a Saturday morning and he emailed me back within the hour and met with my fiancee that afternoon because I was stuck at work. We booked it that evening as soon as I got off of work!

This is the perfect place if you want something modern and different! The entire venue is run by Tony and his wife, Linda. It's barely a year old, but Tony and Linda have been in the wedding business for years. They are so helpful and are a great resource for ideas! Half of the preferred vedors (which you are not obligated to use with the venue) are vendors that we were already interested in using based on reccomendations. There are three possible sites and we booked all three for our ceremony (the park), cocktail hour (the courtyard), and the reception (inside Regale!).

We haven't gotten married yet, but I am so excited about Regale!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards