Arizona-Phoenix

Your Thoughts.....

Hey Everyone I need some thoughts on an idea I had that my MOH completely shot down.

First of all my fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and aren't too concerned with all of the flashiness that weddings usually bring. Our thoughts are to have a small private ceremony and then a later in the evening (like 7 or 730) dessert reception. Everyone agrees thats a great idea....

So now comes the dilema... I have been trying to incorporate as much of us into the whole day as possible with our favors being custom guitar picks (My fiance is in a band) and other little things. Well Matthew and I shared our fist kiss in a park that is near our house and were thinking that it would be nice to have the ceremony in that same park. We could share our fisrt kiss as husband and wife there as well... Well my MOH thinks thats trashy and and cant believe I am even considering it.... Please help....

Re: Your Thoughts.....

• edited December 2011

Several things come to mind...is the park in a bad area or something? It's not your MOH's wedding, and unless there is something seriously unsafe about the park, it was rude of her to say what she did. She can do what she wants when she gets married.

As far as the private ceremony - make sure that you look into whatever permits you'll need, and know that some people may be put off by not being invited to both events of the day. That said, if you really want it private, having your wedding in a public place may determine how private it is. Not saying people will crash, but there may be other citizens there enjoying the park as well.

So things to weigh, but this is up to you and your fiance. Do what makes you two happy.

• edited December 2011
    Nope the park is in a great area! She just doesnt understand not having a huge princess wedding... Which honestly I want nothing to do with...

Thanks for the advice
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the first kiss park sounds incredibly romantic and sentimental. I am not certain why your MOH would be against it but I say go for it.

The one thing I would say is that if you have it in the park you may want to consider including everyone from the recception too. The reception is hta part of the wedding that costs the most and aside from some extra chair rentals, having more people at the ceremony won't be too much more of an expense, and it would make your guests happier in the end I would think.
  • stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had a park wedding with a pot luck reception.  I'd never heard of that and thought it was kind of weird (but I didn't tell her that).  The wedding was perfect for them.  It really encompassed who they were and that was all that mattered.  Your friend should have more respect for you and what you want to do.  She isn't planning the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards