Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Bachelorette Party in Vegas @ 7 Mos Preggers???

I'm having my bachelorette party in Vegas this spring & my friend who is 7 mos preggers is adamant on attending. I would love her to come, but I'm really worried about her hitting Vegas with only a few months til delivery. My MOH & BMs are planning the bachelorette & they have full nights planned with lots of walking, crowds, standing, etc. They're not "thrilled" about her going because they know I'll constantly be worrying about her comfort level the entire time (I will, that's just who I am). They're also not thrilled about caring for her themselves because they want to enjoy the weekend & don't want the responsibility of making sure she doesn't get bumped or tripped accidentally. My preggers friend suggested we take it easy in Vegas given her condition & do relaxed dinners/spa days, but my friends think that's completely selfish of her to propose. We all had our hearts set on getting dolled up, hitting the dance floor & having a fabulous girls' weekend in Vegas & it just doesn't seem like that's plausible if she comes with. My friends are all depending upon me to talk to her. What should I say, if anything? TIA! 

Re: Bachelorette Party in Vegas @ 7 Mos Preggers???

• Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if she were up to do all of the planned activities I would totally say don't exclude her; however, since she mentioned wanting to make it low key so she can participate, I would use that as an opportunity to discuss it. Let her know that you spoke with the other girls and they already have a plan set in place for the weekend events. I would tell her what they are, if you know them, or have the girls email her an itinerary of some sort so she can really get the gist of the weekend.

Then you can nicely let her know your concerns for her comfort throughout the weekend but in the end if she knows the plans and says she is comfortable doing what is planned and still wants to attend, she is a big girl and she can make that decision for herself. I know quite a few of my friends who were out hanging with the best of us all the way until the week before they had the baby, it's not undoable, personally I doubt I'd be up for it, but some girls like to be included still.

I think the best option is to ultimately let her decide if she wants to attend but let her know that you like the plans for the weekend.

You may want to consider offering up a separate event for you and anyone who wants to join to hit the spa and do a low key girls weekend another time before the wedding. I am doing that bc my MOH is Mormon and doesn't drink plus she has a baby and husband she doesn't want to leave behind.
  • Options
    drcrittendendrcrittenden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be honest with her. Don't tell her she can't come, but stress how you're feeling. That Vegas is a LOT of walking, and you don't want to leave her out of the weekend, but that is what you guys are planning to do. After all, it is Vegas. You can go to a spa/dinner here in AZ. Also, by the time you guys get ready to leave for Vegas, she may feel as though she can't do it.. even if she feels like she is up for it now. She may feel adamant on going because its so important to you, and she doesn't want to disappoint you. My sister just had her baby about a month before my wedding, and even though I didn't go to Vegas, I told her that it was perfectly okay for her to not go to my bachelorette party... and i think she appreciated that.
  • Options
    GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, your advice is great & helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards