Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Is this where introduce myself?

I hope so.Embarassed I'm Tracy a first time (and only time) 42yr old bride. My FI and I have been together off and on for 8 yrs. (mostly on) He is my best friend and my angel. I swear he was sent from heaven just fo me and my kids. He thinks so too. He told me that he knows he was put on this earth to love and take care of us. (I have 2 children from previous relatinships a boy almost 21 and a girl 13.)

Our wedding date is 4/14/12. It will be in my FI cousins backyard In Gilbert, AZ
 It is going to be pretty low key due to a very limited budget but a good size, around 150 ppl due to FI big family. 

So much to do. So much I want but can't afford.Frown  Mostly I want everyone to enjoy themselves while celebrating our marriage. I say this because I am thinking about spending a big $ amount on an amazing DJ/entertainer That I know enjoys what he does immensly. (I spent an hour and a half with him on the phone) LOL Also I am worried about feeding everyone. My FI famly always has verry low key weddings. No music or dancing, finger foods that the family provides...basicly just get married and mingle for a couple of hours.  They tell me they want to help but I'm affraid if they are making/setting up food they won't enjoy the wedding. 

Oh sorry I am rambling now.Embarassed Anyways Hi! SmileSmileSmile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this where introduce myself?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My family has volunteered to do my food (they used to do catering) and I was afraid they wouldn't enjoy the wedding either.  So, I decided on a menu where most of it can be made ahead of time (Italian) and I am going to have some college students I know handle the serving, keeping the buffet full, etc of the food so all my family needs to do is get it ready before the wedding starts and clean up after the wedding is done!

• Options
    livv22livv22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey and welcome! Don't stress out too much, like you said you want people just to have a good time and if they are celebrating your marriage, they're already having a great time!
    I'd go with what alanna said, pre-prepped dishes that can be made and served easily the day of are a great idea. If people are offering to help and you're feeling overwhelmed, take them up on it. And bear in mind, there's a lot of time to enjoy themselves before/after food :)

Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October '12 Feb. Siggy: Cake! Only square, and with less sticking-out of branches, and with some fresh flowers.
    Image475x475
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards