Arizona-Phoenix

Any one have feed back on The Wright House in Mesa?

Good Evening Ladies, 

Just wondering if you have any feedback on The Wright House. My FI and I just viewed our first venue ((Venue At The Grove)) and  I was a little let down.
I'm looking for something with and outside ceremony and inside/outside reception that is customizable. The Grove was pretty but it wasn't love at first sight .We left disappointed and felt like the meeting was very informal and the prices weren't what she emailed me. I'm really hoping that the Wright House is a better experience. If you have any thoughts or any suggestions I would love to hear from you. 

Re: Any one have feed back on The Wright House in Mesa?

• jbwed1jbwed1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Wright House many years ago and it was lovely, and the bride was very happy with her experience. That wedding took place in the garden area, before they added the new venue...the Provencal.

My fiance and I looked at both venues when we were hunting for a wedding venue, and loved both very much, but decided that the Provencal would suit our small wedding a bit better. Both are beautiful in different ways. The staff were quick to respond to all of our questions, and were very willing to be flexible with the budget. We were pretty set on using them, until we decided to have a Sedona wedding! There were no negatives that we encountered. You might want to contact them and see if they are having any special 'bridal events' going on - they do have open houses, and sometimes even set up the venues as there was a wedding taking place (have a bartendar, some catering, musicians, etc.)....so you can really get a feel of the space.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Val Vista Lakes in Gilbert? They hold their ceremonies outside and the receptions inside, with some space on the patio/gazebo area outside as well, so people can move in and out if they want. The grounds are beautiful for pictures. We fell in love with it and can't wait for our wedding. You can move a lot of stuff around inside for setting up what you need.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011

One of my really good friends was married at The Wright House a couple of years ago and her wedding was gorgeous.  Everything was really well done and looked amazing.  She had a wonderful experience working with them and was very happy with how her wedding turned out.  She had her wedding ceremony at there outdoor venue and also did the indoor/outdoor reception it was perfect.  I hope this helps some.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • heather85259heather85259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the wright house in april! its beautiful and the staff is so friendly! Cant wait its perfect for our shabby chic theme!
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    When I got engaged over a year ago, I emailed them 5 times for pricing and never heard back from them.  Looked pretty online, but if they couldn't even get back to me with pricing, I would have been a little skeptical about how responsive they'd be while planning.  Maybe my emails were just going into their spam box or something, but still, it kind of turned me off about them.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your input Ladies! We went to visit last weekend and we fell in love. I got the chills when we walked out into the garden. We are just trying to figure out when we are going to book it. 

Congrats Heather!!! I can't wait to hear about your wedding! Which side did you choose?
  • starlette627starlette627 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to check out this venue during their Open House but then read on Wedding Wire that they don't alllow hard alcohol, is this not true anymore? I just considered that rule to be kind of a deal breaker for us...
  • edited December 2011
    Well, when we signed our contract they told us typically no, but in some cases they have let people have hard alcohol, like if you use their bar tender.  It's worth a shot asking and talking to them about it being a make or break kind of thing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards