Arizona-Phoenix

Fairy tales... how did he propose?!

Please share your story of how your fiance proposed! 

Here is mine, surprised me while we were on vacation in Las Vegas!
Friday, May 28th 2010 at 12:45 a.m., Matt and I were at the top of the Stratosphere hotel overlooking the lights of Las Vegas.  We were walking around looking down upon the scenic spots when I sat on one of the couches available.  I pulled Matt besides me to take a picture then laid my head on his shoulder.  I told him I loved him with my whole heart then he responded, "well that's good, makes this easy" and proceeded to crouch in front of me and pull out the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.  It all gets a little fuzzy exactly what he said, I do know it was sweet and wonderful but I was busy feeling hot and cold at the same time and in a state of shock where I didn't know what to say but yes, yes, and yes a million times!  Matt definitely surprised me and I can't imagine any more perfect memory of such a special event in our lives.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fairy tales... how did he propose?!

• eadarnelleadarnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That is such a great proposal!!!

My Fiancée Ryan told me he won a hot air balloon ride from one of his companies raffles. Every year they raffle off prizes for employees who donate to the united way so I though nothing of it. We took a sunset ride and as we were coming down for our landing the people that were tracking our flight pulled out a long banner that said "Emily will you marry me?" I was speechless needless to say - we had never so much as went ring shopping together so I was stunned! When I turned around Ryan was on one knee. It was incredible.
    When we landed we had champagne waiting to celebrate. And to top everything off - he took me to dinner that night to the same restaurant were we had our first date 4 years ago.

It was incredible - and he picked my ring out all on his own and it is to die for!

Such a great idea to share the stories! Brings back wonderful memories Smile

• edited December 2011
    We live in Maryland (but are getting married in Fountain Hills.)

He surprised me with a trip to NYC for the weekend. On saturday, we spent the day at the American Natural History Museum. Then he took me to a steakhouse for dinner, then we went to one of my favorite places in Manhattan, NY Southwest, at the World Financial Center for margaritas. He took me outside, which overlooks the East River and is full of trees and next to the marina. He got down on one knee while we were entirely alone and it was dark and the lights from jersey were sparkling in the river.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the stories ladies!  Gotta give the guys credit for being creative and romantic.  We get the easy part of being excited and saying yes! lol.  eadarnell, what an absolutely amazing moment!  They don't write proposals any greater than that!  misscastle, what a beautiful and intimate setting. These stories make me smile. :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All adorable!

We're old fashioned and I knew that he was going to ask because he had taken my parents out to dinner to ask for their approval---and he had already picked out my ring :) but I didn't know when or how!

Jesse and I were on vacation in California with my family when he proposed. On our first night in Disneyland, after watching Fantasmic by the lake, he led me away from the group and over to the courtyard by Sleeping Beauty's castle.

Here is where the plan stalled----they had the area he had planned on proposing in blocked off! Well, after a few minutes, we got to watch the fireworks in the meantime-  they cleared the area and let us into the courtyard, where he led me to a small wooden bridge in the rose garden (wtih his Indianna Jones hat still in place), got down on one knee, and proposed.

I don't even remember everything that he said before "will you marry me?" because I was so overwhelmed! Of course I said yes and we spent the rest of the night having the time of our lives in the happiest place on Eath!
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We has been talking about ring shopping, but never had time to go. He asked me to go ring shopping when we got back from our San Diego vacation and I agreed. We took off to San Diego to visit friends and everytime we would finish an activity of something he would ask, "What is you favorite part of our vacation now?" I would answer with whatever I had liked best up to that point so it became a little game.

We finally were driving around and he wanted to show me a place they used to take pictures at when he worked in San Diego. We went to Sunset Point which is a beautiful cliff that overlooks the ocean. It was a beautiful view and as we stared out at the ocean he came up next to me and asked what my favorite part was up to that moment. I answered that the view was at the top of the list and he replied, "I bet I can top that." I laughed and turned to look at him only to find him on one knee with the ring box in his hand. I was so surprised I could hardly get yes out of my mouth. It was amazing

Turns out he had bought my ring a month before and kept asking me to go ring shopping after he already had a ring to throw me off. Sneaky sneaky!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jware1985jware1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

About 5 months before he propsoed he had me pick out three styles of rings i might like but never spoke about it after that. Mean while he talked to my parents and asked for my hand, they said yes.  Well from what i hear my dad said something like "it's about damn time!" lol and my mom cried! lol so on the evening of October 1. 2009 CJ and I had a discussion on who would be starting the shower the next day, since most doys we shower together and he normally starts it he was wnating me to get up first and get started in the shower.  So I said ok thats fine and then we went to sleep.

The alarm went of at 4:30 am on Friday October 2, 2009, which by the way is my parents wedding anniversary, any who i got up and got in the shower and without me knowing he switched out my promise ring with my engagement ring in the ring box on my nightstand.  So we showered an since it was friday i wasn't all that motivated to get ready after that.  So without my glasses/contacts on i went to lay back down on the bed when somthing sparkly caught my eye.  I asked him " CJ what is that?" and we walked over to me and picked up the ring and got down on one knee and said. " Jenn from the moment i met you i knew you were special, i want to spend my forever with you and i wnat to give you the world, Will you be my wife?"  So by this point i am crying and i said "Yes! Oh my gosh YES!" he put the ring on my finger and asked if i was ok cause i was still crying and i said yes these are all happy tears!

So off to work i went and when i got home he had a dozen roses waiting for me and rose petals all over the table and dinner was ready with candles, and so we enjoyed our dinner then he lead me to our room where another dozen roses were waiting for me and more rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed and all over the floor, chocolate, whipped cream and strawberried awaited me as well.  We had a very romantic night and then the next day we started to share the news with our families.... here is a pip of my ring....

Photobucket
  • JMejia1972JMejia1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance proposed to me  at the Sleeping Beauty castle at Disneyland. Disneyland has a special place in our hearts so honestly, this was my dream proposal and at midnight, Valentine's Day this year he shocked me by asking me to marry him and placed a gorgeous ring on my finger! I felt like I was dreaming and sometimes I still do.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards