Arizona-Phoenix

Alternative to Monogram?

Hi Ladies,
I found some inviations I really like and they're pretty cheap. Yay! There is a circular thing on the belly band where you're supposed to put your monogram. I'm not a big fan of the monogram look, though. I thought about just having our names or our wedding date, but would love to have something more unique. Any ideas on something else to put there would be greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Alternative to Monogram?

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a theme?  For example, if you were doing the ever popular bird theme, you could put a little bird in the circle. 
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a favorite flower used!  My friend put the lotus flower that she loves and that is being used for her wedding flowers. Right under the flower was the date.

I think the monogram can be whatever you like, initials, date, names etc.

What about a favorite love quote or a verse from the bible?  It would have to be short depending on the font you use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the quote idea! We are doing a theme, but it's very understated so it isn't cheesy. It's baseball and the things we're doing to incorporate it are mostly black and white pictures of stadiums for the tables. So instead of a number, you're sitting at Wrigley or Fenway, etc. I'm afraid putting a baseball on the "monogram" spot would look too much like a little boy's birthday party. We might be able to do the bible verse/quote thing, though! Thanks for the input!
  • afrigonafrigon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing that would be kind of unique and neat looking would be putting a wax seal where the monogram is supposed to go.  You can get the seal and wax from craft stores like Michael's and JoAnn's.  Good luck finding what you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards