Arizona-Phoenix

What are you doing for your sendoff?

Trying to make a decision on what I want to use for the bride and groom send off--sparklers, bird seed, or something else?  What will you be doing?

Re: What are you doing for your sendoff?

• edited December 2011
    The logistics just don't work for us to have a send-off. We can't do anything like birdseed or flower petals at the church and won't even have time to do a receiving line there, because we have to be out by a certain time. A send-off at the end of the reception just never seems to work out because people often leave early. I'm all for decorations on the getaway car, though. I think sparklers would be amazing, but imagine it would be hard to find a venue that allows them. :)
  • afrigonafrigon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing bubbles at the end of the reception as the send off.  A couple at my church got married and said rice was a very bad idea.  Some people didn't take the rice out of the little bags, and they said being hit with the rice was like being hit with lots of little hail.  It also apparently got every where and they spent a good 45 minutes getting it all out of her hair.
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very interesting poll results....I am leaning towards sparklers, but since they aren't "officially" legal until December, I didn't want to get arrested..lol..if you are using sparklers, which size are you using?  20" or 36"?
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use anything.  Our guests stood in two lines and cheered for us on our way out.  It was fabulous, and everyone got really into it haha!

Here are my thoughts on some of the items...

Sparklers...

You won't be carrying any flaming drinks, but you don't want to be this girl...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72Hr-GjzaU

Bubbles...

I have heard so many horror stories about bubbles permanently staining wedding dresses.  They make nice little yellow round bubble marks on white gowns :(

Rose Petals...

Super expensive if you are having a big wedding.  I looked at buying them for ours, and it was cheaper to buy a dozen roses and pluck the petals off myself.  (Which is what I did for the flower girl petals ahaha)

Just something to think about, and sorry for being a downer :(

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards