Arizona-Phoenix

Military discounts?

Hey everyone I'm new to the site, me and my fiance got engaged about a month ago and I've started working on some things for the wedding. We are planning next year sometime but it all depends on when my next deployment is (hopefully July/August) so that we can get married shortly after I get back as that will also give us the money to actually have a wedding lol.

Anyways my question is if anyone knows of vendors, venues anything useful that offers military discounts. Thank you in advance

Re: Military discounts?

• kolina93kolina93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember the specific vendors anymore (I've deleted email from vendors that I'm using), but there are several out there that offer a military discount, even for veterns (like my fiance). Just ask everyone that you contact and let them know that you are active military.

By the way... thank you for your service!
  • edited December 2011
    There were a few that I found...  but honestly, overall, they were more expensive than other places to begin with. 

It wasn't enough to base decisions about vendors and venues on by any means.  I think Chapel at the Farm does free weddings for military a few times a year, but it's like elopement packages, very small, and honestly that place is so cheap to start with it's still not that huge of a discount.  LOL

I would just find a venue that you're interested in, and consider it a bonus if they do a discount. 

Congratulations on your engagement and good luck!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't base your decisions off of military discounts, but it never hurts to ask the places that you are interested in using.   My FI is a veteran of the USAF and our officiant advertises on her website that she does military discounts (she is cheaper than most to begin with and has been recommended on here before, which is why we chose her), but that's the only vendor I think that we are getting a discount from.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Most of our vendors (so far) give military discounts, but as others have said they're not really substantial enough to base your decisions on. I would just let any potential vendors know that you're in the military, and see if they offer a discount.
  • NewbeginingNewbegining member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_military-discounts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:5755f0e0-62ce-4f8c-8b09-18448d380201Post:a2b773f5-0f00-4e04-a9b2-d493d3cd4860">Military discounts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone I'm new to the site, me and my fiance got engaged about a month ago and I've started working on some things for the wedding. We are planning next year sometime but it all depends on when my next deployment is (hopefully July/August) so that we can get married shortly after I get back as that will also give us the money to actually have a wedding lol. Anyways my question is if anyone knows of vendors, venues anything useful that offers military discounts. Thank you in advance
    Posted by railsldr[/QUOTE]

As a rule of thumb as PP have said it really doesn't matter all that much.... However I have found that once you do your research and have found the vendor that suites your needs, budget and vision the best, ask for a qoute. AND THEN ask do you offer military or federal discounts... don't let them know you have chosen them and don't pull the discount card till you have a number in you hand.

For example i looked for flowers for months and then found "the one" he gave me a quote, I said I would have to go over it with FI and get back to him.... Called him back 48hrs laterasked if they offered any type of fed or Military discount and got 20% off
    Same thing with my photographer.... found the one I want got a quote and then asked. Got 10%

Remember all, the economy sucks right now so everyone is fighting to (us) save money and (then) to make money... Good Luck!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards