Ohio-Northeast

Wanna be featured in The Knot Ohio magazine? Tell me your planning secrets!

Hey Ohio Knotties!

We’re looking for some real Ohio Knotties to share their best planning tips and secrets to be featured in the next issue of The Knot Ohio!

So tell us: who has been the most helpful and fabulous vendor you've worked with so far? Which cake baker had the cake flavor that was to die for? Where did you find the most genius favors? What florist made your day? Which bridal salon went above and beyond to help you find your dress? We want to hear your raves about the people and vendors who are helping (or helped) your dream wedding come true – so that other brides can get in on the action too! This is a chance to really give props to local Ohio vendors, so tell us who you love and why!

Reply below :)

XOXO,
Knot Vi-An (Ohio editor)

Re: Wanna be featured in The Knot Ohio magazine? Tell me your planning secrets!

• edited December 2011
    Evaline's Bridal in Niles/Warren area is an amazing bridal store! I was having the worst luck trying to find a dress, no one at the 5 other stores I tried were listening to me. Once I stepped into Evaline's I was immediately greeted and was shown dresses and treated with the upmost respect. Cannot wait to go back to put my dress back on!!

We went putt putting on the ship the day after we became engaged..so that is why there is a pink golf ball in his hand! :)
  • ericalynn525ericalynn525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jacqueline's Bridal in Poland Ohio is amazing. It is the cutest little shop in the center of Poland and is BEAUTIFUL inside. Jackie was so great to work with and she absolutely loves what she does. They have unqiue dresses that are up to date with fashion and she is always having trunk shows and is getting new stuff in. The bridesmaid dresses are amazing as well! 
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lavender Bridal in Dover took the time to help me find the perfect dress and accessories. Unlike other Bridal Boutiques, the staff helped me into and out of the dresses and actualy listened to me when I explained what I was looking for!

The Boarding House in Massillon has the MOST scrumptious cakes! We got a tester to bring home over the coarse of a week that it took for us to eat it, the cake and icing remained moist, didn't get all crusty and retained the flavor! She helped me to realize my dream of merging Ohio and California onto the cake and knew instantly what I wanted for an "outdoorsy" inspired cake, complete with acorns, leaves and ferns.

Donna Torrie is a local photographer out of Perry Township. I told her my vision for our engagement photos and wedding and she managed to make me VERY happy with the work she has done for me so far! Being a photographer myself, I'm not easy to please. She has gone beyond the call of duty in making beautiful remembrances for me. I do NOT like posed photos and wanted a more photojournalistic approach...plus more candid pictures, so far she has done just that...catching my fiane and I goofing around during our engagment session.....it's it's so far my favorite shot!!!

• edited December 2011
    I have absolutely loved working with:

Party Decor- Niky and Alina are absolutely amazing, they helped me envision what I wanted my wedding day to look like, and then make it happen! They are so accomadating, even letting me make major changes up until the week before my wedding!

Dora's Bridal- JoAnn has been fabulous! They helped me pick out my dream dress, and coordinate my entire wedding party!! Everytime I talked to them on the phone, or in person, they have been SO nice!!

Creative Expressions Photography- Sarah is not only an amazing photographer, but amazing person. She has been the NICEST vendor I have had the privlege of working with, and her work is barrnone...amazing!!

I would LOVE my wedding to be featured in KNOT ohio...i promise my wedding would be PERFECT ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning a fairly low-key wedding with an emphasis on fun and a great get-together with friends and family. I am really just in the beginning stages, but my venue is Orchard Hills Center at Patterson's Fruit Farm. Betty is absolutely fantastic and willing to help at any moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards