Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Looking at houses this weekend!

I feel like I post waaay too much, but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend! 

Our weekend is going to be filled with wedding planning and LOTS of house shopping, who ever thought that planning and wedding and buying a house at the same time was a good idea is a crazy person. But either way, we are excited!
Anniversary

Re: Looking at houses this weekend!

• Options
    My fiance and I bought a house in January. It is a crazy experience. Since there are so many buyers, houses in certain areas and at certain prices go really fast. We were also booking most of our vendors that month. Crazy time but great experience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good luck! (Don't worry about posting too much here... I think that this board is too quiet sometimes!)
  • Options
    I just got engaged a few days ago and my fianc and I are planning on starting the search for a home. Any advice?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_looking-at-houses-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:673a52f7-8235-4f04-bbb4-7f3daef23b50Post:5f56cfa1-4d99-4b87-b0c2-2f62f2e79aec">Re:Looking at houses this weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged a few days ago and my fianc and I are planning on starting the search for a home. Any advice?!
    Posted by Aczwick20[/QUOTE]

Houses between $120,000 and $200,000 go very fast. We liked a house and got to see it on a Tuesday, but by that Friday when we were going to see it with our realator, it had been sold. There were a couple other houses we liked that got bids on them the day we looked at them (and they had just come on the market). The houses we liked were flips, so they had all new flooring, paint, and appliances.

Get pre-approved ASAP, because it makes putting in a bid a lot easier.

Also, avoid looking at short-sale and forclosure houses as long as you can. They take much longer to buy since you have to deal with the bank as the seller.

And make sure you have a great realator. Ours was a family friend and she gave us very good referals for all the inspections we needed.

Where are you looking to buy?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Planning a wedding and buying a house! You're not into extreme sports by any chance, are you? Lol Jk . I think the other ladies summed it up pretty well, stay away from short sales, they take forever. Download the Zillow app on your phone. It shows tracks your location by gps and tells you what houses in the area are for sale. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards