Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Officiant Recommendations?

I could really use help finding an officiant. I have no idea where to start for this one. Do you guys have any good suggestions? Also, neither FI nor I are religious, so we would need someone who is OK with that. Thanks for your help!
Photobucket

Re: Officiant Recommendations?

• Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help, but good question.  I was just about to ask for recommendations for this too!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted some in my bio under AZ vendors.  I am not using any of them, because my pastor is doing it, but I think it's a good starting point.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Phil Waring with AZ Ministers.  He is a retired minister, but will do a secular ceremony (this was the first question we asked).  He is very nice and so funny when you meet him in person.  His wife is also very nice and does most of the correspondence.  She is always prompt at returning my emails.  They also allow you to customize your ceremony basically any way you choose.  Our wedding isn't until January, but from our meetings and conversations, I would suggest him.  Their website is www.azministers.com.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to second Phil Waring.  He did not do ours because we had an Army Chaplain, but I used to work with a lot when I worked in the wedding bus.  He is wonderful!
  • Options
    Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jodi with Spirit and Light (http://www.spiritandlight.net/about/index.htm). They were recommended by 2 coworkers who used here and I believe there is another Knottie on this board that used her as well.
    She customizes each ceremony to what you would like and your beliefs and has been wonderful to work with so far.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ibstephiibstephi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

First Officiant ! Matt Nathanson !

Amy Miller

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Reverend Giovanni is great and will travel all over the valley and he is not expensive at all.
    His info is:
    www.revgiovanni.com
    info@revgiovanni.com

Let me know if you have any more planning questions ladies!

Best Wishes and Congrats on your Up and Coming Weddings!
    Sara
    Asare Event Planning
    www.asareevents.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Reverand Giovanni.  We got soooooooo many compliments about how "cool" he was and how he livened up the ceremony with his sense of humor.  He did it in such a way to calm my nerves!    We are not super religious either.  He makes it was religious or non-religious as you want.  You choose all the different readings out of a folder he has put together and lets you use.  there are some good reviews (including mine) for him on weddingwire.com.  He was also very reasonably priced.  I think $199.  here is his website:www.revgiovanni.com

Goodluck,
    Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards