Arizona-Phoenix

Cost of Make-Up Artists Who Travels

Hey ladies,

I know we have talked about this before, but I can't find it...

I am looking in to having a make-up artist come to my hotel the day of the wedding.  How much do they usually average?

Oh! And any recs would be fab!
Photobucket

Re: Cost of Make-Up Artists Who Travels

• edited December 2011
    Ditto! And I need them to travel to Sedona.

I just got a quote from Kensington and it starts at $100 for the Bride and $75 for the bridal party. BUT if they have to travel to Sedona, tack on another $100.

Not too bad, but that's also for an entry level person, the next level is $150 for the Bride and then $225...

I am debating just having someone at MAC give me a lesson.  Any other recs?
  • edited December 2011
    My makeup artist goes to you, if it's in the phoenix area it's included in the cost.  Not sure how much it would be to travel farther.  She does a great job and I thought her prices were reasonable from other prices I saw.  Her website is www.makeupbyjenb.com

80 Ready to party! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just met with a girl that am going to try out for my e-pics. She used to work for MAC but now does her own thing for weddings and model photoshoots. I saw some of the photos she did make-up for and they turned out great IMO
    Her name is Stephanie; she's super nice and I think she is reasonable. I'm sure she can give you a quote if you call her...586-933-3782
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • llavillavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for makeup artist as well.   Need to come to the hotel in Mesa for the wedding
    Please give me references.

From what I read some people to try 3 or 4 makeup artists before they liked one, do you pay them too if you do'nt like the work?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The girl I am probably going with charges depending on the number of girls she is doing. She said she charges between $55-$75 per girl and her trials are $50 which I think is totally reasonable. I mean you are taking up some of their time, so I think it is fair to pay for a trial even if you don't pick them. She said we can test a few looks during the trial but I kinda have my heard set on a few pictures I saw, so we'll see.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • llavillavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I get in touch with her my wedding is JUne 11  2010 I need to rush.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi llavi! her phone number is 586-933-3782 and her website is www.stephanienault.com
    She has wedding pictures posted and her work is beautiful! She is doing my e-photo make-up on Saturday!! I am so excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • llavillavi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you I got intouch with her and we'll do a test Thursday.
    Now I wonder how mcuh for hair.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How was your test? She did my e-photo make-up on Sunday and I loved it! My fiance was so impressed and wouldn't stop complimenting me. From the pictures we have reviewed it really looked great in photos too! I was really pleased! Hope your trial went well!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards