Arizona-Phoenix

struggling with budget in this state!

Hey all, would love some input. Basically, we've been researching venues for the last two weeks and every email back is way out of our budget. Starting to worry there's no where out there that is both quality and affordable. Can a 10k budget for 200 people actually happen?

Friday night
200 people
ceremony reception same place
3k venue only and outside caterer or
5k for food and venue

Are we being totally unrealistic?! Feels like it :/

Thanks!

Re: struggling with budget in this state!

• What part of town do you want to be in? There are plenty of places.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_struggling-with-budget-in-this-state?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:8c37d636-21ff-489f-8477-654ad1583703Post:a8f0d69f-f9bb-4d17-b009-6f918d5563ab">struggling with budget in this state!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, would love some input. Basically, we've been researching venues for the last two weeks and every email back is way out of our budget. Starting to worry there's no where out there that is both quality and affordable. Can a 10k budget for 200 people actually happen? Friday night 200 people ceremony reception same place 3k venue only and outside caterer or 5k for food and venue Are we being totally unrealistic?! Feels like it :/ Thanks!
    Posted by kurtisandjordan[/QUOTE]
  • we're mostly looking at the east side, but willing to be flexible if we find the right venue for the right price.
  • All these places also allow outside catering. They are on East side.

Val vista lakes
    Noah's Fountain Hills Comnty & Event Center The Waterfront
    but the Jewish heratage center is downtown they include a lot of stuff and its only 800.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_struggling-with-budget-in-this-state?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:8c37d636-21ff-489f-8477-654ad1583703Post:a8f0d69f-f9bb-4d17-b009-6f918d5563ab">struggling with budget in this state!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all, would love some input. Basically, we've been researching venues for the last two weeks and every email back is way out of our budget. Starting to worry there's no where out there that is both quality and affordable. Can a 10k budget for 200 people actually happen? Friday night 200 people ceremony reception same place 3k venue only and outside caterer or 5k for food and venue Are we being totally unrealistic?! Feels like it :/ Thanks!
    Posted by kurtisandjordan[/QUOTE]

Very unrealistic because I am helping my sister with her wedding and she only has 100 guest with a budget o of $10,000.  The venue alone is $3000.  The best option you have is not planning to have your wedding on a Friday or Saturday and you can get a cheap venue.  As for food avoid serving liquor because that will be another chunk of your budget.  You can attempt to do it but you will have to sacrifice quality for quantity and do a lot of do it yourself projects.
  • We started with a 120 person guest list and a 10,000 budget, but both have gone up. We are now at 160 being invited and a 20,000 budget that is split between my fiance and I, my parents, and his dad and stepmom. While it is possible to do a wedding for 10,000, you have to make serious decisions on what your priorities are. To us, the food and a premium open bar were important. Our food will be about 5,000 and the bar will be 4,000, but my parents are paying for that since my fiance and I don't drink. I am DIYing a lot of decor to save money, but then we splurged and paid 1,800 for our DJ since that is another priority. Our venue has no rental fee which is a good savings and one of the many reasons we picked The Landmark Restaurant, so I would suggest it to you, but it only has a capacity of 175 max. You may want to consider reducing your guest list to try and stay within a 10,000 budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked at Tre Bella? They have a reasonable price and it's all inclusive.

They have just about everything for 175 guests for$9990.
  • You might be stretching it a little bit for that many people. We did about 175 people for $13,000 but we had no alcohol, mostly DIY decorations, and family catering, and it was on a Sunday. It CAN be done, but you may have to DIY a lot, and choose your location and vendors carefully.
  • I don't think that you're necessarily being unrealistic, you just have to decide on your priorities and stick to your budget (especially if that is your main priority). Like PP's, our budget started out at $10,000 for 120 people, but we decided that it was more important for us to splurge on certain things for our wedding and ended up with less guests, but still way over our budget. There are lots of options to help save money, and using the TK local board is great for finding good deals and learning what's out there. If $10,000 is what you can afford, it can be done, you just have to be creative (i.e., using a backyard instead of a formal venue, forgoing a videographer, DIY decor, purchasing a used dress, etc.).

Good luck!
  • Also, if you are willing to go in the summer, Troon North's coordinator told me "tell me what you can pay and I'll make it work".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • But Tre Bella on a Friday is reasonably priced, and includes everything including DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you open to getting married during the summer? A lot of vendors, especially venues, discount their prices in the summer months. That's why I'm getting married in August : What money I save I can spend it on extras for my wedding
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_struggling-with-budget-in-this-state?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:8c37d636-21ff-489f-8477-654ad1583703Post:e780da9f-ba1c-4f18-9130-8dbb9325e260">Re: struggling with budget in this state!</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Tre Bella on a Friday is reasonably priced, and includes everything including DJ.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

We looked at Tre Bella, but thought that it would be pretty crowded with our 175 guests. I agree that they're well priced, but can they fit 200?
  • My sister got married at the Chapel at the Farm in Gilbert. She had a $8000 budget and 120 guests and it worked out for her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards