Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Getting into bridal shape...

Is anyone doing anything special to get into shape for their wedding? I've been doing weight watchers and working out more. I meet with a trainer 1X/week and mix it up between running and some spinning classes.  Knowing I'll be photographed from multiple angles helps me stay motivated.

I'd love to hear what others are doing. :)

Re: Getting into bridal shape...

• Options
    megandevmegandev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of people and friends (not just brides) say they are doing weight watchers.... from what I gather you just count points rather than calories???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spin class will definitely drop the weight if you do it consistenly. I've only done it like once a week for the past few months and I feel thinner. I don't think I've actually lost weight, but I feel more trim. Make sure you lift some weights regularly too. Hopefully your trainer is working on that. :)

I not dieting anymore because I already had my first dress fitting and Janet Kirkman doesn't do fittings unless you've stopped dieting (I'm guessing so she doesn't have to alter your dress twice... seems like a good recommendation for any place you get alterations done at). However, I was vegetarian for most of this year. I go on vegetarian diets to start eating healthier again. It helps because I don't feel so bloated from eating heavy meats and it makes me stay away from fast food joints.

Weight watchers is pretty good as long as you keep to the program. One of the girls I work with has lost 25 pounds on Weight Watchers. I don't how long it took her, but she is very happy with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started running back in May, and I stay motivated by signing up for races. That way, I don't feel like I'm working out - I'm in training for a race. Over the last six months, I've lost 42 pounds and went from a size 14 to a size 4. When I first started, I could barely run a 1/4 of a mile, and now I'm planning on running the P.F. Chang's half marathon in January. With all of the running, I found that I didn't have to modify my diet hardly at all. We just made some smart switches like using olive oil instead of butter, switched to whole grain pasta, and just eat a lot more veggies.

Good luck with your journey!! Stick to it - it pays off!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing a thing... 

I'm a size 12-14 and happier than I've ever been in my life with how clothes fit me, and how I look. Much happier than I ever was at the 4-6 that I used to be, and always thought I would be miserable if I went over.    So I figured I would spend my engagement just enjoying it, and keep eating my ice cream!  ROFL

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are trying to eat healthier and get back into our workout routine, but not necessarily just for the wedding.  We used to go to the gym about 4 times a week, but a few months ago we had a couple things that threw us off routine (vacation, job change, etc) and it's just been really hard to get back into the habit of going.  It'll be a nice plus though for motivation knowing that we have a 'deadline' in order to make ourselves go.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's nice to hear everybody's plan and perspectives. Weight Watchers is the only eating plan that has ever made sense for me. I've been doing it for a while and been able to get to a healthier place (physically and mentally).   The meetings help me stay accountable. 

Megandev-yes it's counting points. WW's uses a formula to calculate points using calories, fat grams, and grams of fiber. 

I used to do a lot more races (5k's and half marathons) but with my career change, it's been more difficult to keep up a running schedule. Now that it's nice outside I'm trying to hike and run more, but for the weekdays, I stick to spinning/training/classes. 

Thanks for sharing everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards