Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Newly Engaged!

Just started wedding planning, although I was a bridesmaid this past April so I am pretty familiar with The Knot :)  We are planning a spring wedding for 2012. Our budget is about $10,000 and I would love any venue, catering, photographer recommendations and of course tons of advice! Thank you ladies in advance :)
BFP #1 9/30/11- Ultrasound at 6 wks on 10/12/11 says healthy baby- Appt 11/7/11 says says baby m/c at 8 wks- D&C on 11/9/11 at 10 wks~~~~~BFP #2 8/30/12- Praying for a healthy beautiful baby girl in May! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newly Engaged!

• Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! Any part of Phoenix you're hoping to have your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I live on the westside (Surprise area) and I would love to get married on this side of town, but if we find something we love in the Mesa or Tempe area than I will be happy with that too :)
    BFP #1 9/30/11- Ultrasound at 6 wks on 10/12/11 says healthy baby- Appt 11/7/11 says says baby m/c at 8 wks- D&C on 11/9/11 at 10 wks~~~~~BFP #2 8/30/12- Praying for a healthy beautiful baby girl in May! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm not familiar with the west side venues. About how many people are you planning to invite?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I will do some research and post in a bit :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mrs. Weiner-  We are going to try to stay under 100 people
  • Options
    sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are in Surprise, too.  We looked at Sun City Grand. Its a nice place for the money. Its pretty cheap for the venue. We also looked at Trilogy at Vistancia. It is off the 303 and Happy Valley. Its gorgeous but it may be over your budget.
    There is also Palm Valley Golf Course and The Wigwam. All on the westside.
    We actually got married at Arrowhead Country Club. We got there all-inclusive package special they were running. It was amazing.

I would recommend Suzanne Melissa Photography! She is AMAZING!!
    (suzannemelissaphotography.com) Our wedding is on her blog (Sarah + Richard)

And Oscar with Got You Covered for DJ. He is soo great. We had our wedding last month and I am still getting compliments about him. LOVED HIM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found all the same places that SBoobear mentioined. They seem really pretty. Let us know where you are thinking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Estrella Vista Reception Center is beautiful and on the westside. They do both the ceremony and reception and its a pretty nice place. Here the site if your interested :)

www.evrc.net

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are the venues we plan to visit:

Corona Ranch, Laveen
    Old Town Wedding, Peoria
    Aldea, Phoenix
    Windstar Gardens, Peoria
    Secret Garden, Phoenix
    Estrella Vista, Avondale
    Boojum Tree, Phoenix
    Regency Garden, Mesa
    Stonebridge Manor, Mesa
    Portico, Gilbert

Whew! Does anyone have any information about any of these venues? Good or bad?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Boojum Tree is gorgeous!! It was waaay out of our budget.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hillcrest Golf Course is in SCW. The ceremony site is beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue is in Gilbert, and they do their own catering, so I don't think I'm much help there.

The photographer I'm using is amazing though!      http://www.mikemaez.com/

Another that I would rec extremely highly would be Noyan Photography:  http://noyanphotography.com/

Both are amazingly talented photographers.  Mike does a lot of work with extra lighting and some things that no one else does.  He's been very open to any suggestions that we've had, and we've had a lot of them, since my FI and I are both pretty big hobby photographers.  

My Boidior pics are being done by Noyan Photography (I've also worked along side her before), and Mike did our e-pics, and will be doing out wedding.

It really comes down to what style you like best, but you can't go wrong with either of those two!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Aldea. We got the all inclusive package for $10,800 for a Thursday wedding. They do literally everything. I thought I would be a DIY bride but once I started, I decided I am definitely not. I decided I just want to show up and look pretty and that's basically all I'm doing.
    I personally feel like it looks much more expensive than a $10,000 wedding. Absolutely beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards