Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Premarital Counseling?

My fiance and I really would like to have premarital counseling, but I've really lucked out finding anyone to go through. And no we dont have problems, we just have heard really good things about it :) Do any of you know of anyone that you would refer? I'm in Phoenix, he is in Goodyear...so pretty much any location would work. We can't go through the church because they will only work with couples that are BOTH of the same religion...

Re: Premarital Counseling?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Our officiant does premarital counseling (Jerry Law at From This Day Forward). We did ours' through the church but definitely would have done it through him if we didn't have the church option.

We had friends who paid a psychologist / counselor to do it before their wedding a couple years ago... I am sure you can find a relationship counselor who does premarital counseling as well.

• Options
    nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try PsychArizona. They offer one on one couseling, workshops, even retreats...
  • Options
    arthomas82arthomas82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will look into both, thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours through a Military Chaplain, so unless one of you is in the military that would not work, but I wanted to say that I think it is great that you are doing this!  We were required to do it, but once it was done I thought it was wonderful and very happy that we did!
  • Options
    sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Counseling Training Center at ASU offers extremely affordable couples counseling ($40 for the semester I believe) but you wouldn't be able to go until the fall. If that works with your schedule, I would defiently recommend them- that's where we go.
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
  • Options
    MrsLukePayneMrsLukePayne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls! Just wanted to say thank you. I'm a bride in October from the Phoenix area but we're wedding in Mexico. I've been looking for premarital counseling and therefore not getting married by the church. I'm really glad for the posted alternative suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards