Arizona-Phoenix

Food and Service Budget

Hi!

I am struggling with trying figure out what is a reasonable price to give caterers when they ask about budget. We are having an evening wedding at the DBG and would like to have a plated meal and appetizers--no dessert or cake included. Alcohol would be separate from the caterer. We also would need to rent tables and chairs, linens, plates--mostly likely thorugh the caterer. Including EVERYTHING--food, labor, rentals, tax, etc.--is $10,000 a reasonable maximum price to give them? This would be for 180 guests. Thanks for your honest feedback!

Re: Food and Service Budget

• edited January 2013
    for 180...??? I think if you say your budget is 10 they'll spend your 10. I think you should tell them 7. I went with Heidi's Catering, for 100 people, 6 different hors'douervs(sp), a plated meal with all the service, all the china (including chargers) for $5900.00. If I were you I would say your budget is 7 and see what they'll do for you. That way if they quote you higher you're prepared.
  • My friend is using contessa catering and getting plated food ect for around 45 per person I think you might check it out might be worth it ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards